• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids New to Methadone, have a few questions about addiction/dosing/redosing

opiatehelpplz

Greenlighter
So for the last 6 months I have taken Zubsolv (suboxone) 2 times a week. Saturday and Sunday. The hard days at work. A little reward for not doing any stupid shit throughout the week. Surprisingly enough I've been able to stick to those two days, haven't slipped up past that. And because I give myself a solid 5 days off in a row I never get even a hint of WD.

Recently my guy stopped getting Zubsolvs and started getting methadone. He's been selling my the 40mg wafer. Last week I got 1, and took the whole thing. Didn't feel much. So this week I got 4, and today I took 1 3/4, for 70mg. I enjoyed that, and wasn't too crazy. But I don't have a lot of experience with methadone and have a few questions.

So I know the half life is very long. Will my prior strategy of 2 days on, 5 days off work with methadone? Work to the point of not having any physical WD? That is how the bupe was for me, and if I start developing physical WDs after giving myself 5 days off I am going to have to stop taking it. I won't risk physical WDs/

Second question is about dosing. Like I said, today I took 70mg. I enjoyed that. My plan was to take the other two wafers I have tomorrow (80mg). However when reading up on methadone redosing I am reading a lot of people warning about redosing. That even 24 hours later there can still be so much in your body that you can OD. So is redosing a day later not a good idea?

tl;dr
Question 1 - If I take methadone for 2 days and then give myself 5 days off and do that every week is the 5 days off enough to ensure I never get physical WD.
Question 2 - Should I not redose the second day since it stays in my system for so long? Ideally I would take 80mg Saturday morning, and 80mg Sunday morning. However if that effectively means I am on 160mg on Sunday after taking that days dose it may not be the best idea.

Thanks.