• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Warning! Self experience report loperamide (immodium)

L

Lahru74

I'm normally a fan of opiates so when I heard immodium could be used in this way I figured I'd try it. Web searches showed people using 75 mg and above. So I tried 80 mg; I am currently undergoing acute pancreatitis as a result. This is the most painful long lasting thing I've ever experienced. At first I did feel that euphoria for a few hours & then the pain hit. I thought I could ride it out, but no way! I was able to get to an urgent care on my own, then they sent me to ER in an ambulance. I will NEVER try this kind of thing again. People say things like you will never crap again & that isn't it at all. For me there was nothing in the tank to begin with.
Also at the ER there isn't much they can/will do for me anyway, but hook you up to IV fluids an make you drink activated charcoal. It'd already been hours since the dose so I saw little purpose to that & I was correct. I was lucky they gave me anything at all for the pain. This was 4 days ago and it still feels like I'm being crushed in the back and abdomen with a bat. I can't eat, or drink anything except water since those things cause the pancreas to try to work, adding to the pain, even more.

I will say though that it was a good thing I went to the ER since they put me on Oxygen and a heart monitor as both where all over the place. Please don't think you'll avoid a similar episode; I thought that. It's not worth trying. I hope this will avert this kind of pain (or worse) to others.