• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydroxyzine for Opiate potentiation?

Hutch1

Greenlighter
Would it be beneficial to eat a hydroxyzine while on fent to get more effects from less drug? Or will it just make me sleepy. Would like to know the science behind this (I am familiar with drug neurochemestry so jargon is fine)

I know hydroxyzine is an H1 antagonist with some serotonin antagonism (5HT-2a I believe).

EDIT: Just popped a 25mg IR (tablet not capsule) FOR SCIENCE! Will report back.

IME Hydroxine or any 1st generation antihistamines are great with Morphine/ Codeine/ Codones, etc. but Fent? It doesn't really need a whole bunch of help until you get a mad tolerance and then a mild AH is almost pointless. I'd be more interested in NMDA antagonism before you start using Fent to keep tolerance down and address the G coupled protein issues, Adenyl Cyclase and so on.

Hydroxine for Fent....Seems like polishing a bullet so it will go faster.

Would it be beneficial to eat a hydroxyzine while on fent to get more effects from less drug? Or will it just make me sleepy. Would like to know the science behind this (I am familiar with drug neurochemestry so jargon is fine)

I know hydroxyzine is an H1 antagonist with some serotonin antagonism (5HT-2a I believe).

EDIT: Just popped a 25mg IR (tablet not capsule) FOR SCIENCE! Will report back.
I have about 120 of them but never really take them because i smoke and the dry mouth/nasal pasages i get with it bothered me. Might end up trying it again , but if i remember it was a tad better than a benadryl so don't expect something like you took some xanax

This mix feels excellent but really does make me so drowsy for the rest of the day. I wouldn't say it potentiates, just makes opiates more relaxing.

Its a good combo if you're looking to nod off... but not so good if you need to get shit done.

Appreciate the replies! Turned out to be a MEH combo, did increase sedation but I dont really think it added to the experience. TBH I like the itching.

Hydroxyzine is my favorite antihistamine to mix with anything

I would. Hydroxyzine has less effect on mACh and less serotonergic antagonism then promethazine, which is a plus in my book. It does make one sleepy though so a balance needs to be established.