• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine What are the oral drawbacks for smoking Freebase/crack

Drugsr

Greenlighter
Me and my buddy have been using Coke for a few months and feel that it might be better to give the nasal route a break for a few weeks.
We are going to freebase it and smoke it and see how it goes. I wanted to ask what the drawbacks are to the mouth by smoking it.

Thought it would be good to check now before we do it a few times and realize later.
If the nasal route has its issues then I?m sure the mouth route has its own.

Ive heard that saliva production is affected and that the mouth dryness causes issues longer term, but wanted to see what else to expect, and anticipate.

Smoking generates a few extra chemicals, as in pyrolysis byproducts like Anhydroecgonine Methylester, Methylecgonidine and Ecgonidine.

Methylecgonidine has been shown to be specifically more harmful to the body than other byproducts of cocaine; for example to the heart, lungs & liver. The toxicity is due to a partial agonist effect at M1 and M3 muscarinic receptors, leading to DNA fragmentation and neuronal death by apoptosis.wiki

"M1 and M3 muscarinic receptors may play a role in the neurotoxicity of anhydroecgonine methyl ester, a cocaine pyrolysis product."
The smoke of crack cocaine contains cocaine and its pyrolysis product, anhydroecgonine methyl ester (AEME). AEME possesses greater neurotoxic potential than cocaine and an additive effect when they are combined.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26626425

For the mouth specifically there's Xerostomia, which isn't as long lasting as Meth but still an issue. Hydration and Biotene can help with a lot of that though. Good Luck & Stay Safe (as can be :) )

I'm pretty sure its damaging as fuck to the lungs as it's hot as fuck smoke and numbs the throat so you can get more in a hit.

smoking rock is an entirely different monster versus intranasal cocaine. i would not go this route to give your sinuses a break. it’s possible you will never go back to snorting it.

smoking rock is an entirely different monster versus intranasal cocaine. i would not go this route to give your sinuses a break. it’s possible you will never go back to snorting it.
Wise words, very wise words up dur ^ maybe you should take every single word into account because theyre extroadinarily accurate.
while i have snorted after starting to smoke, it's not the same at all.

I still enjoy a bump up the nose with regularity along side my freebase intake. It has its own characteristics that come only from insufflation.

I am curious if the pyrolysis products are the result of burning the freebase, as opposed to vaporizing the freebase. I make a very concerted effort not to burn the product. I understand that some burning may still occur.

While I am an advocate of harm reduction, I am equally an opponent of fear mongering.

i haven't had a cavity since ive started smoking m8 infact i havn't had one in about 7 years. now if i could stop grinding my teeth in my sleep..

Some of us just defy the odds lol. I was severely bulimic for 11 years and was told my teeth should be GONE after 3-4 years of it. But they're actually pretty decent and I've only ever had one cavity.
I suppose it depends on your general oral hygiene too.

Wise words, very wise words up dur ^ maybe you should take every single word into account because theyre extroadinarily accurate.
while i have snorted after starting to smoke, it's not the same at all.
Agreed man. Once you do the switch to smoking you'll never want to snort it again.

Lol, mileage may vary. I love snorting and smoking. Usually at different times of the day. Snorting is more like a cup of coffee, have it early, do some things that require effort. Smoking is for late night before bed.