• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using morphine as a tramadol substitue for a few days?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So i had a long battle with tramadol and i relapsed recently for about two months, I was thinking to take morphine a few days till some part of the withdrawal of the opiate part of tramadol is gone as it is not a tipical opiate and it's very unsimilar to morphine and manage the ssri/snri part with venlafaxine? I am thinking of maintanance morphine doses not recreational, would it only prolong it or their unsimillarity would permit my plan?

Hey ya MP,

Not entirely sure of the degree of cross-tolerance between the two but I would bet that the MS would pick up nicely where the Tram left off. Of course you might have to bring a little bit of an antihistamine on board to ease some of the histamine issues with the MS but other than that it should be a big help. The Venlafaxine might have a little lag time catching up but should stop any SNRI WD in it's tracks. Although MS & Venlafaxine are most likely going to be a bigger beast than the Tramadol was.

If your goal is total abstinence then I would be cautious of the length of time you go down this road as Venlafaxine WD's are said to be worse than Tram's for some. If you are using IR Ven. then I think it's 3x/ day dosing equaling 75mg total but it may not require this much to ease off of the Tramadol vs combating depression. On the conversion of MS to Tram I think it's 30 of MS is = to 150 of Tram, so it shouldn't take very much for WD mitigation. For just a short period seems solid, just be mindful of the usual Serotonin Syndrome risks if other meds are in use or will be. Hope it works out.

thanks very much jekyl yeah it it's only for a few days till the harsh part like brain zaps and things that are typical to tram wd are gone.

well the w/d is less harsher now with the M but gonna go for the venlafaxine just later if the ssri/snri things get ugly (it needs 1-2 weeks anyway to take effect, i know bc I had it before). I am really curious after 4 days if I get off the M the withdrawal will be easier to get through I am not planning to restock after my few days worth of M is gone anyways because I scored them with the purpose of trying to "fool" my body and not with the purpose on falling for another opiate :)) I will keep you guys updated, maybe this shit could guarantee a good trams detox for future "patients"/fellow junkies :D

You can go to a methadone clinic and say that you want the lower dose and give it down daily until zero

Hey Morpheus,
Thanks for your recent message. I'm sorry to hear that you relapsed and sorry you're having a tough time. I meandered back into upping my trams amount again for a short spell and trying to taper down again. It sucks! My head is ok - its my stomach - ugh, feel ill and housebound. Hope you're doing ok, and it works out for you. Sending love and best wishes. Send me a message anytime you need a chat.
take care
- Goosey xx

well for now it is all good, some brain zaps and such but the morphine kicks the ass of this wd I hope it will not prolong it tho. also yesterday aka the first day of withdrawal I went with IR morphine but I just scored some ER type because I want to be out of wd for a longer time so I am not interested in the high (although I do enjoy it, lol fuck my junkie ass thinking :)) ). also I am using it orally because other times I dabbled with M I did it IV and after a time of always registering then re-registering halfway through I always got to a point where I could not register at all at the first attempt to go in the mainline so I am just butchering myself in the long run really, also that would get me addicted to the mini-rush as I do not experience a big rush from it anyway but even a small "taste" could trigger another type of addiction and needle fixation so I will go for 5 more days with M although "mini" tappering it like getting 10% of one pill day by thay (currently I do about 90 to 60 mg, the way I dose it is if I feel that 60 mg keeps me functioning I stay at that dose)

Last edited by a moderator: