• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc soma withdrawals

tuputts

Greenlighter
i have been taking somas for 3 months about 3 per day...i've heard there are minimal physical withdrawals but there are other withdrawal symptoms such as insomnia, twitching, etc...what can i expect and how long will it last...i get the generic ones <snip>...they seem fairly potent...is there anything that can relieve withdrawal symptoms...should i taper the dose or just cold turkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given Soma is a gaba B agonist I would imagine the WD's could range from mild to life threataning. However it all depends on the dose and time frame of use. If you have a history of alcoholism or benzo addiction I would speak with a doctor. This is a medication that should be tapped off under medical supervision.

Soma actually works at GABA a and b. Three months isn’t too long so I would think the withdrawals would be manageable.

That said, insomnia and anxiety are almost a certainty. Gabapentin and clonidine can both be helpful if you can obtain them. Otherwise, might be best to see a doctor and explain the situation.

Knew a guy that withdrew from Soma, and he had a pretty bad time. According to him it's all he had been taking with any regularity, but I tended to take most of what he said with a grain of salt. Good luck and be careful.

Taper off whenever you have withdrawl symptoms no matter what the drug. If you are withdrawing from anything, your body is telling you that something is seriously wrong basically and its flashing a big NEON sign saying LOOK LOOK so you should always look when your body tells you. I would advise to do this under a doctors care if at all possible. Otherwise, taper slowly at home but withdrawl shouldnt last too long i believe but its still uncomfortable. Treat the symptoms as much as possible but be sure not to take anything that may react badly with the Soma. Otherwise good luck my friend

Well, believe it or not, Carisoprodol (Soma) is a fairly potent sedative. It's in a class of drugs referred to as non-Barbiturate. The name is a little deceptive, as non-Barbiturates are called so because although they are chemically different than Barbiturates, they are very similar in their action. Carisoprodol is essentially a pro-drug for Meprobamate. Meprobamate was a very popular sedative back in the day. It was known commonly as Miltown and prescribed liberally.

It's a common misconception that Carisoprodol is not a potent drug. It should be treated just like a Barbiturate in that you can overdose easily on it and the withdrawal syndrome can be severe or even deadly. Prescriptions for this drug have declined sharply in recent years, as people have demonstrated that it's actually a drug prone to misuse, dependence and addiction.

How severe is your withdrawal syndrome right now? Can you give us a fairly detailed picture of what you're experiencing both mentally and physically? I'll wait for your answer!

soma is an excellent potentiator for opioids
Got 100 pc 500 mg ones dirtcheap from <snip> and they really added to the bodyhigh alot,always only took 1 max with my opioids because otherwise i would get too much of moto inccordination or i would drift to sleep(literally sleep not nodding)

too bad i have none left

Last edited by a moderator:
my plan now is to taper down to 1 or a half a soma per day then jump...i have access to xanax, valium, and Ativan...am wondering which one to use and for how long to fight insomnia...would 3 or 4 nights on a benzo cause its own problems.

At that level, you should just taper off. One or a half per day already? You can be a little sleepy and cranky at work for a couple days.

I know wd's are never really anything to joke about but when I read the title to this post I imagined an Italian dude writing the way he talks.

But good luck OP, quit while you're "ahead" (so to speak) because 3 months is not so long but the longer you go the worse it's gonna be. Instead of soma withdrawals it's gonna be a lotta withdrawals!