• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada - Ontario unveils pot plan including online ordering, 150 stand-alone stores

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Ontario unveils pot plan including online ordering, 150 stand-alone stores
Mike Crawley, Lauren Pelley
CBC
September 8th, 2017

The Ontario government has announced a framework to manage the sale and use of marijuana, which includes an online ordering service and roughly 150 stand-alone stores.

The plan revealed Friday morning includes several key components:​

- Eighty stand-alone stores that will be open by July 1, 2019, with roughly 150 opened by 2020.

- Online distribution that will be available across Ontario from July 2018 onward.

- A proposed minimum age of 19 to use, purchase and possess recreational cannabis in Ontario.

Read the full story here.

A part of me is still not fully convinced that this will happen, but it seems more real than ever now.

Why wouldn't you be convinced by that? It seems like a doable plan to me.

Why wouldn't you be convinced by that? It seems like a doable plan to me.

Oh, for sure it's doable. It's just hard to wrap my head around the idea that we will have fully-legalized recreational cannabis in less than a year.

Ontario is such a piece of shit that will never relinquish one iota of its government power to anything grassroots, ever. They are the epitome of British empire culture. I grew up there and there is no bending the will of anything. You can't even create petitions to overrule the government, not even if 80% of the population signs it.

They will take cannabis decriminalization and give all the profits to the very companies that have been supporting prohibition for a century. The ethics if power governance in Ontario are nothing short of 18th century.

Poll says Ontarians are high on government control of marijuana retailing
Robert Benzie
thestar.com
September 15th, 2017

Ontarians appear to be high on the sale of recreational marijuana being restricted to a provincial government monopoly, a new poll suggests.

Campaign Research found 51 per cent of those surveyed back Premier Kathleen Wynne’s new plan to have cannabis sold solely through standalone LCBO-operated stores and a website.

“Media and the punditocracy … are suggesting that it’s inefficient and it’s bureaucratic and the antithesis of what most people wanted when, in actuality, the government is doing exactly what Ontarians want,” said Eli Yufest, CEO of Campaign Research.

“The government appears to be on the right side of the issue,” Yufest said Thursday.

About a third – 35 per cent – of those polled oppose the idea and 14 per cent had no opinion.

Read the full story here.