• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time with Crystal Meth. Is it all in my head?

Rubikz

Greenlighter
Hey everyone. :) I'm Rubikz.
I'm a fairly young soul, and quite open to trying new things. Even though i had a bad experience with weed, the most harmless of them all. ;)
On Monday, I had an opportunity to try some crystal meth. Oh how I wished I would've just simply said no, because I'm regretting everything.
Mind you I only smoked it twice. Once using a tin foil,and once with a lightbulb. The reason Im making this thread is because I can't find anything on this, having such severe affects from meth, even after only smoking it for two days.

Each time I stopped, the only affect I had was dry mouth. Had no real bad problems with it.
Then the last time I stopped, was Wednesday morning around 3 am. I had been going for hours and hours, and my body was screaming at me to stop. So I did happily. Tried to lay down but, water wasn't helping my drymouth this time around. The effects lasted a full 12 hours, and within those hours, I experienced the worst paranoia i've ever had, things were vanishing from the road for a few seconds, like the lines that divide the lanes, I was super on edge. I was driving back home and I saw a cop, and flipped the fuck out. I had to pull into the gas station, to calm down because I was shaking so hard and it felt like my heart was about to explode. And then a off duty officer comes out of the gas station, and starts walking to his car. Stares at me the whole time. I put it in reverse and back up and get $5 of gas and stand there until he leaves, barley able to hold my own wallet, all the while unable to talk to anyone because I had dry mouth so bad, and no matter what I ate, drank, it would NOT go away.

My teeth rapidly decayed from two days of doing it, all the front four teeth have parts missing at the gums with the insides exposed, front two are rotting, half missing, and one in the back broke in half and is causing me so much pain.
I had little teeth rot before doing any of this. Just my two front teeth had some rotting going on. But this, this freaked me out. I Started brushing, using mouth wash, and only drinking water, doing everything to stop it. But my teeth just kept on rotting. I assume because of the drymouth, that won't go away.

My point is, I only did it for two days, stopped Wednesday, and I don't have the urge to smoke it.Yet, I feel like I'm still fucked up from it, and it's Saturday.
Some of my symptoms include:
-Severe Paranoia (If I see someone walking outside of my home, i quickly lock the door, shut all curtains, and my heart rate skyrockets. I run around the house trying to find a place to hide or, peek out the window until they're gone.)
-On Edge (Mostly while i'm driving, I feel like a cop will see me and automatically know, or that I'm swerving too much, going to fast, etc.)
-Uncontrollable thoughts (If I think about something, such as my teeth rotting, my mind will unravel and the thoughts get worse and worse, up until the point where my heartrate is racing and im pacing the room. I can't calm myself down until it passes.)
-Unable to focus (I'll go to take a shower and stand in the bathroom for 45 minutes on my phone, and completely zone out. Unable to pull myself out of it until I realize what im doing.)
-Strong Depressive thoughts. (Feeling that I'll never be the same from this, that I've permanently fucked my life up, and I'll be experiencing these thoughts for the rest of my life.)
-Suicidal Thoughts (Feeling that the only way to escape the mistake I just made is to end it all.)
-Extreme Anger Spouts (I was talking to my friend about this, and the more I talked about it, the more pissed off I became. I ended up throwing my glass of water accross the room and walked downstairs. Took the fan in the middle of the kitchen, and chucked it into the next room for absolutely no reason.)

I could go on, but. In short, I don't feel like the same person I was before. I have absolutely no control over my brain anymore. 8(
So, after all of that, my big question is, is it just all in my head, And I'm just freaking out because I read the side affects after smoking it, and I expected the worse so its making my mind play out what I read?
May I add I've never had the urge to start smoking it again, I never want to touch it again because I know I will regret it.
Or is what im experiencing normal, even after doing it for only two days?
Thanks in advance if anyone could give me some insight.

Hello, and welcome to BL.

Take a deeeeeeep breath. Much of this probably is just from the paranoia and mind state you're in, yes. But everything you just described is pretty normal from meth use, albeit at different levels for different people. Once you've had a few nights of great restorative sleep and plenty of food, you will begin to feel better.

Included in your paranoia is probably the sense your teeth have rotted away. It can certainly happen quickly (enamel around the gum line can decay rapidly), but not to the extent you described. Most chew some gum to try and keep saliva flowing and to reduce the tendency to grind teeth (which can also cause damage and compacting, loosening fillings etc).

I'm going to suggest you probably took far too much for your first time. You don't mention doses, so I'm guessing you didn't weigh anything and just took "some amount"?

It may also be that you're just very sensitive to the effects. However do bare in mind that the paranoia can make things seem and feel much worse to you, right now in this moment, than they really are.

Have you been eating and sleeping?

Sorry for a slow reponse, but Yes, I've been able to eat and sleep. :)
And as far as the amounts, I know that the second time I had 1G, and I feel I did about half of it.

My friend came over 20 minutes ago, and he was covered in meth sores. I'm talking about arms, legs, chest, face,shoulders, back, everywhere.He's thinking about heading to the ER since they're red, swollen and infected. He said they just "appeared" overnight but I believe he was picking. So, I feel a bit better, knowing it could've been wayyy worse for me.

Ah - 500mg for a novice in a single session is about 10 times the dose I would have considered appropriate for a good recreational effect. You had too much my friend, and it's clearly given you some grief.

However in a few days after good sleep, food and (hopefully) exercise, you'll probably feel much better. But sometimes the low mood can take longer to recover, so just beware of your thoughts and try not to focus on the crazy and paranoid thoughts.