• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV Fentanyl (HCl) Advice

Runnerate

Greenlighter
Hello, newbie here. Seeking advice regarding dependence and drug alt. Forgive the length...

I have a 2mg/2mL vial of Fentanyl. I had zero opioid tolerance/experience before I started injecting fent just 2 weeks ago or so. I have a healthcare background so know how to correctly dose and 'safely' administer the drug. Although there was still a risk of OD. I'm just stupid...

As a 60kg female I started on 40mcg a hit; great rush, only lasting 10 minutes though and within 2 hours could return to human duties as normal.
My tolerance has rapidly increased, in just 6 days I've gone from 40mcg a day (in 1 hit) to 300mcg in a day(spread over 4 hits).
I've used everyday for the past week. Waking during the night craving a hit, going through my day trying to schedule in a time I can use.

I keep telling myself not to chase the high, the line between a rush and death is a thin one, but I still find myself going for a second/ third hit just a couple hours after the first.
The seduction is so strong. How long does it take to develop a dependence on Fentanyl? Surely it's too early for me? I'm terrified of addiction, withdrawal, OD. I don't want to die but also cannot give up that rush. I hate that it's only 10 minutes of bliss but 90 minutes of monitoring my own vitals. I've never passed out, in fact I am very awake after the rush passes (and wanting more).

I'd much rather use something that isn't so short lived and deadly (as Fent). What opioid gives the longest lasting IV rush/high after using Fent? Dilaudid? Heroin?

Thank you all,
Looking for a hug from a drug.

Edit: I'm prescribed 10mg Dexamphetamine x2 daily which may be why I can tolerate a higher dose of Fent without my HR/BP dropping?

Fent is really one of the worst opiates to start out on. Chances for developing an addiction with it are considerably high especially because it's short-acting and requires multiple redosing.

the more often you take a drug the more habit-forming it becomes. If you're going to use opioids at all (and I recommend you don't because addiction sucks once it takes hold) you should start with something milder that won't kill you just from taking SLIGHTLY too much.

it kinda sounds like you're already becoming psychologically addicted the way you describe "chasing the rush". Like I said, something milder, and something you can take orally. The needle becomes an addiction of its own...

so things like hydrocodone, oxycodone. If you want something that lasts long I'd say morphine.
Be safe.

the psychological addiction is way worse than the physical, imho. it's a whole different animal of it's own.

I've been using opiates for 10 yrs, started with Percs and Oxy... worked up to feyntanyl and herion... if you're shooting any kind or type of it, you're addicted and stop now!!! You better get into a methadone clinic and on a high dose, it saved my life..

the psychological addiction is way worse than the physical, imho. it's a whole different animal of it's own.
I used to say the same thing. Until 3 days ago. I'm going through my first opiate wd & its terrible (Heroin) 60 hours since my last dose. Ugh

Well done mate. If this is you're first then try and stay off it, in my experience it gets harder each time.

I used to say the same thing. Until 3 days ago. I'm going through my first opiate wd & its terrible (Heroin) 60 hours since my last dose. Ugh
Stand strong man. I hope you're doing well. Based on my experiences, I could always make it thru the physical w/d just fine. I mean yeah, i would go absolutley crazy and get depressioned n shit but in a weird, illogical sense putting my body thru hell would justify my guilt. But after the physical w/d just the intense hunger for that satisfaction is what really bothers me. Good luck my dude.