• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax giving me super vivid dreams, and my first ever fully lucid dreams.

JackiesBabyy

Bluelighter
I recently happened on a supply of 50 or so 1mg xanax footballs from a friend for free. I don't particularly enjoy benzos because I don't really have any anxiety issues normally and the 'high' they give me just makes me tired or feel drunk minus the euphoria. I don't plan on seeking anymore when I run out. Since they make me tired and useless during the day I've been taking them at night shortly before bed to relax a bit. I have no tolerance and, due to me not really enjoying being tired and lethargic during the day, have very little experience with benzos over the years.

But WOW. Before I started taking 3-4mg before bed(which I'm aware is a large dose for someone with no tolerance, but I figure it's safe if I don't mix it with anything else and blacking out really isn't an issue because I only take it when I'm at home in bed) I rarely remembered any dreams I've had and when I do they're nothing close to vivid. But when I take xanax before sleeping this changed, my dreams became super vivid and I've actually had a few lucid dreams after taking it, which are mind blowing to me because I've never experienced them before. Closest thing I've had to this prior to taking xanax was realizing I'm dreaming and immediately waking up. This is by far the best effect I've ever gotten from benzos. Lucid dreaming was a totally new experience for me and they've been quite fun and exciting. Not so much so that I'd ever go out of my way to spend actual money on getting more, but damn. Its effect on dreams is just so intense. Does anyone get this effect from xanax or any other benzos too? I figured they'd have the opposite effect and suppress dreaming even more.

I have been on xanax for 35 years. I find that it loses potency quite quickly. I do have what I vivid dreams, I think they are hellish. I can't even describe them they are so weird. But I do wake up in a sweat often. Xanax calms the dreams and without it I have horrible stifling nightmares. I call them lucid dreams where I can't realize where reality begins and the dreams end. It is very frightening. Xanax quells them and lets me sleep pretty much dream free. The scary part of these dreams include bit of not being able to breath, breathing water, flying really fast, devils, suspended animation where like my soul opens like am accordion and then it stays open and these pieces of my soul are stuck on each bellow and they all have my horrified face in different positions. That's the best I can do to explain this.

I have been on xanax for 35 years. I find that it loses potency quite quickly. I do have what I vivid dreams, I think they are hellish. I can't even describe them they are so weird. But I do wake up in a sweat often. Xanax calms the dreams and without it I have horrible stifling nightmares. I call them lucid dreams where I can't realize where reality begins and the dreams end. It is very frightening. Xanax quells them and lets me sleep pretty much dream free. The scary part of these dreams include bit of not being able to breath, breathing water, flying really fast, devils, suspended animation where like my soul opens like am accordion and then it stays open and these pieces of my soul are stuck on each bellow and they all have my horrified face in different positions. That's the best I can do to explain this.

A lucid dream is a dream where you suddenly realize you're in a dream but you don't wake up and can suddenly control everything. It's quite an awesome experience. So I think our definitions of lucid dream differ.