• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I physically addicted once again or just "sick"

A

Associatedintx

I was on 7 oxycodone a day when I quit cold turkey (8 years of daily usage) 2 monthsago. It was tough but I got through it.... so I thought. 2 weeks ago I caught an infection that required surgery and was prescribed oxycodone by the surgeon (nice test, God) . I planned on not taking them but as soon as the after surgery meds faded, I was in excruciating pain and had no choice. I actually exceeded his prescription and was taking 7-8 a day for 10 days. I quit cold turkey once again. last dosage was at around 2 pm on Friday and now it's 3pm on Monday. So I guess this is day 3. Now I'm wondering if this is a situation where I feel like shit because of some sort of "withdrawal" or if I'm just sick. I'm lethargic, body hurts all over , cold, bad headache, 800 mg of ibuprofen hasn't touched any of my symptoms, laid in bed 5 hours last night before I was able to sleep, coughing fits at night with drainage and diarreah. To further complicate things, I went to my Dr the day before I quit (Thursday) and was given a z-PAC because my throats was a "little red" and had a unbearable headache. I did a little research on the forum and most people say 2 weeks to a month is the time to take to become physically addicted. Now is 10 days possible for me due to prior usage or am I possibly just "sick". My personal opinion is I don't feel "infection type sick" and it does ring memories of my withdraws 2 months ago but maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me...btw my sore throats is gone , so maybe that z-PAC. Took care of it.

yeah, sorry pal but after your first addiction you become dependent super fast any time after
it took me two months to catch my first rattle, my second i acquired in 4 days.

sorry mate - are you familiar with your local PM detox services?

I can attest to this as I was clean for a few months and am now currently w/ding from a "short" bender :\
It'll all get better soon. I am with ya buddy!

For someone with a real history with Opioid dependency, they could experience significant symptoms of acute withdrawal following even 3 days of consecutive usage. It's bullshit and I don't like it either. I've had many surgeries throughout the course of my life as well. I'm not saying that this is a great idea for everyone, but I was honest with my surgery team and the pain management people at Mass General and now whenever I go in for an operation of any kind, I typically walk out with some high-powered, addict-level narcotics along the lines of Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) 4mg x3 for 4 days, followed by 3 days of tapering by fractions.

Yea after 10 days of using especially after two months clean time (not all that long) definitely puts one back in the territory of physical withdrawals like Kief said before me even 3 days or so using few time a day means ur in for some discomfort and General lethargy and such for few days week tops I'd say now the PAWS is different story