• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Out of suboxone scared!!

Thompsonhouse2015

Greenlighter
Hi. I was an opiate addict for over 15 years. I TRIED to quit with just detoxing in clinic with suboxone, but I was still sick after weeks. So I would go back always. Well I finally just got a suboxone Dr. I have been on 3 8mg2mg strips a day for 6 month's I lost my job and couldn't afford my appt. Well I had 27 saved up. I took 3 a day then 2 a day then q a day for awhile them half a day for 2 days.. last dose was today. Am I gonna go into full withdrawals if so for how long.. I'm scared but sign have money or insurance any ideas and or advice??

Have someone pick you up a box of loperamide(Immodium AD). Take ~30mg's and it should knock out a lot of the physical symptoms, especially the "runs".

i quit suboxone cold turkey at 8mg's and I found it to be quite gentle as far as WD's go. Because of its long half life it felt to me like it self-tapered out.

Last edited:
^^Loperamide is a great thing. Definitely getta box. Next, take a deep breath and understand panicking/stressing over the situation can only make it worse (Easier said then done, i know). Can you obtain any kratom? Have you heard of PST (poppy seed tea)?
I don't know much about PTS but I imagine being in your situation anything to ease discomfort would be beneficial. You were clearly taking a heavy amount of suboxone. and kratom and Poppy seeds are easy to obtain, as Immodium is, too.
Do you have an estimation of when you can get more subs? can you obtain any benzos?

Stay strong and remain patient
Much love

Your in for a rough ride. Loperamide will take the edge off but if there's anyway you can get to a sub Doctor I would highly recommend it.

I have a sub dr. But I owe him 300 plus it will be 300 for new appt then money for the subs. Just can't right now.. So I'm trying to get threw it. I'm not today as bad but it's the third day after completely out of my system thank you

I wish I just moved to Okeechobee fl not long ago and have a Dr just have to pay 600 to see him then the cost of subs. And yes Xanax would help so much but no I don't know of anyone who has them or any way to get them. I'm a little sick today sweating tummy I have lopermide so taking that.. just one day at a time. Thank you for your response

If you can get some kratom (online, or depending where you live maybe at a smoke shop?) and make tea with it (a big tablespoon should do it- just add boiling water and let the stuff settle to the bottom), it will make you feel a lot better, nearly normal, but not high (even if you do a lot).
It will constipate you so you probably don't want to use it with the loperamide (Immodium) but if your "stomach issues" are really bad I'm sure it's safe to use both.
I hope you feel better soon. I know the dread that you feel when facing life without your meds, but it will pass and you will feel better.

if you can get some clonidine or, if you can trust yourself, some benzos or gabapentin/pregablinthey will really take the edge off
in fact, lots of people rattle it off with just those few drugs (myself included).

i always find videogames help with the WDs, that plus masturbating, tons of it.

​sorry to hear you're in such a sucky situation. best of luck

call your nearest needle exchange they usually have suboxone programs for free ..only bummer is you have to go everyday to get dosed like Methadone