• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

U.S. - Baltimore Police Caught Planting Drugs In Body-Cam Footage

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Baltimore Police Caught Planting Drugs In Body-Cam Footage, Public Defender Says
Bill Chappell
NPR
July 20th, 2017

A Baltimore man was held in jail for months after police found a stash of drugs — but the officer who found the drugs also seems to be the one who hid them in that spot, according to footage from his body camera. The public defender's office says the man is now free and it is questioning the officer's involvement in 53 active cases.

The officer has been suspended and two of his colleagues are on administrative duty, Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said, as the agency's internal affairs unit looks at the case.

The recording is from the afternoon of Jan. 24, when the officer, Richard Pinheiro, was standing in the trash-strewn backyard of a row house along with two other officers. At the start of the footage, Pinheiro is seen holding a soup can with a clear plastic bag stuffed into it. He then places the can among rubbish, before leading the other officers out of the narrow access alley.

On the sidewalk, Pinheiro activates his body-cam — apparently unaware that the device would also preserve his earlier actions. "Police cameras have a feature that saves the 30 seconds of video before activation, but without audio," The Baltimore Sun reports.

"I'm gonna go check here, hold on," the officer tells his colleagues, walking back to the property — and seeming to spark laughter from his fellow officers. After a "search" that lasts about 15 seconds, he picks up the soup can, pulls out the plastic bag and displays it to the camera, showing that it's holding white capsules.

Read the full story here.

It makes you wonder: how often does this happen off-camera?

I'd imagine all the time.
Why a body camera inst running 24/7 is retarded it's self.
Here lemme just turn this on when it's convenient.

That cop who shot the Aussie lady dead in the US also didnt have his body cam on until after he'd shot her dead. She was unarmed and in her pajamas.

Another prime example pole driver thank you.
Not like if it was on there they wouldn't somehow lose it any way

Its in the US and since it involves drugs the penalty for this cop will be much harsher than the cop that shot the white lady BC it can't be played off as an accident

Bmore cops are crooked as shit... City and County. They think they are above the law, its bs..

I got arrested for a one hitter (the metal ones that look like cigs) I was parked In a public library reading the paper a.d took a little nap...ienot a nod. Next thing o hear is what sounds like metal about to break my driver side window. And it was the ficking cops, not cop but 2 and a 3rd in his car.

"I'm gonna need you to step out"
What? Why?
I'll explain once you get out...
No I'm sitting in my car reading..
We've had reports of drug use in this parking lot" (oldest trick there is, need to stop someone in a blue car, you pull over any blue car you want)

So I get out tellse to out my cig but there was like 3 piffs so he said I'm not gonna ask again..

Then they ask if there is anything in the car wea0oms drugs ect. Said no bc there really wasn't. Then they asked for consent and I said no and I think that was the red button bc I wasn't respecting their authoritaah

Long story short..they went digging through abig Tupperware thing I had with computer stuff and just random junk I was moving to my new apt.

Douche cop 2 who wasn't doing much talking comes to the front with the one hitter...had no clue it was there, for Christ sake it had a toothpick jammed in it from trying to clean it but it got stuck.

They actually arrested me bc they scraped some of the resin out and it got me on cds marijiana L/T 10g and paraphernalia...

I was going off on the cops during the ride to the station. Like don't you have anything better to do? ...silence...lol

Case got put on stet docket never did my CS and when my PO petitioned to take it off set the prosecutor basically said I'm not wasting time for this. There was no weed and the pipe was broken

Yeah he should be. But he won't. Hell just say he used his powers of deduction to find. The druggs in the pile over there..it's laughable.