• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

so...how many of you have disposed of your grandparents?

nezo

Bluelight Crew
put them away in a home? Let them be someone else's problem? discard them when they've become a handful?

anyone?

the two still-living grandparents are in better health than my parents or i...
maternal grandpa had a stroke about 8yrs ago, and is still going strong (somewhere around 84yrs old)
he made a full recovery

paternal grandma has broken her hip 3 times but is built like a fucking tank, so i wouldnt be surprised if she outlives my parents (shes also ~84yrs old)

Both sets of my grandparents are dead - but they were all looked after by the youngest sibling.

Its my duty as a chocolate frog (wog) to look after my parents, which I'm doing now to a certain extent - i just don't know if I could live with the though 8(

Last edited:
My grandparents are quite young (both 60 on one side and my nan is nearly 70 on the other) in fact, my great-grandmother is still alive and kicking and being looked after by her daughter.

My dads mum lives in adelaide and has her own place in a really nice neighbourhood and my uncle looks after her since my grandad died.

My mums dad lives with his defacto in Adelaide, we don't see them much at all, mainly because of her :(

I live with my mums mum for now, it works out for us both because i have the luxury of having my own place without the cost factor and she's not really living on her own.

I would never allow my grandparents to be put in a home, family and respect for your family is so very important, unless I could not physically look after them myself or they were a danger to myself or my family i would not even consider it and even if things were that bad i'd look at home nursing first.

I haven't spoken to my grandmother (mum's side) for nearly 4 years and she just simply refuses to speak to me and my mum, even though I send her easter, xmas and birthday cards every year and we never get one from her anyway, it doesnt bother me, she's is a stubborn old bitch, we just had a family disargeement and she just took it too far and went further then ended up refusing to speak to us, even I am still great mates and talk to my grandfather. Oh well... it's been pretty peaceful 4 years without the nagging old bitch behind my back anyway 8)

My father's father passed away when I was young, never really knew him anyway and my father's mother, she's still alive but doesnt speak English, and never really "know her"... she's still alive but her mind is away with fairies.....

Urbanhog %)

Seeing as though I'm the youngest grandchild on my Mothers side of the family I have absolutely no say in what goes on.

My mum's mother is the only Grandparent left alive, she is 80 (I think), and has fairly good health, besides her arthritis and her lack of hearing. Infact it wouldn't surprise me all that much if she lived another 10 years or so. Until last year she looked after herself and my Aunty who is a bit slow, with no live in nurse and no home help, although my Mother did help a fair bit with cleaning. Last year she went to live interstate with another Aunty and Uncle, and is doing quite well :)

As for my parents I don't really want to think about putting them in a nursing home, they are also fairly well at this stage.

Well, only one grandparent left. Mum's mum. She lives overseas so i haven't seen her in about 12 years.

I work in a nursing home. Over the years i've come to adopt the long term residence as my grandparents. It comforts me to know if i can't see, speak, interact with my grandma, I can just go into work and have a chat and take care of the people there.

But when i think about it. I think the thought of putting my parents into a nursing home would deeply hurt me. Even if i visited everyday, it wouldn't feel right. So, i'm gunna have to build a granny flat at the back of my house.

i really don't like the word 'disposed' in this thread 8(

my grandparents are in their late 60's and early 70's and they live on their own in a unit and can still care for themselves even if they cant speak english

they are both getting quite sick now so i really don't think they have much time....they love each other so much that i really think that when one goes the other will follow with a broken heart :(

i adore my grandparents and it's going to be a really hard for me when one of them goes

I dont see much of my maternal grandmother and my paternal grandfather is in a home. My paternal grandmother is dead and my maternal grandfather, who is a kiddie fiddler, might as well be, I have never met him.

my other set of grandparents are still in poland and i dont' really even know them :\

jeeze, i was wondering what you meant by this...

None of my grandparents have been put into a home... my dads family has too much pride, despite her deteriorating mental state... its really sad actually.

She should be put into a home where they could take care of her.

oh my god. am i such a heartless bastard. doesnt anyone here have such a fucked up family home that they really have the minimal amount of conern when it comes to parents and grand-parents.

unfortunately due to many reasons, i feel that there is little love, at the most a biological / genetic connection with my immediate family. their values in life are greatly different to mine, and differnt characters in my family i get along with on different levels. others i choose to have absolutely no contact with whatsover because i feel that it does restrict me in my goals and ambitions in life.

my friends are my family. oh and bluelight.
;)

All my grandparents have died now.. all but my dad's mum before I was 7yrs old. But in my family we tend to breed late. :) Unfortunately the death of my dad's mum caused a rather substantial split in our family, with one of my dad's brother's family getting a little too greedy for their own good and alienating the rest of us. :\ My grandma was a stubborn old woman and refused to live in a home.. or even visit the doctor when she was diagnosed with cancer :(.

However, my mums only got a few years to go before she turns 60, which is a scary thought. She's starting to look old now, even tho she hides it well (my dad's been grey since he was 25 so hes looked the same for years). I know my mum will still be kicking around and organising everything for another 10-15 odd years tho. She's far too much of a socialite to move on :). Tho I know when my parents move into a retirement village it will be coz them and their friends all decide to go at the one time, just so they can all live next door to each other and spend the rest of their days gossipping ;). Tho I do hate to see my parents get old.

stace.

My one living grantparent, my nanna, put herself in a home. She was getting to the point where looking after herself was hard so she up and moved from the Gold Coast to a home in Sydney. Almost 10 years later she's still there, aged 92, and doesn't regret the move.

Her sister, my great Aunt, is a different story altogether. She's 94 and still lives in her own house and still drives (very scarily). Going into a home would kill her as she is fiercely independent, however I can't see her letting family take care of her either, so I don't know what'll happen. She's recently been diagniosed with osteoporosis, so I don't know how much longer she'll hold out :(

Both my grandparents on mum's side have passed away.

Grandparents on dad's side are still living together in a house.

Knowing the arsehole that my dad is, he wouldn't think twice about putting his parents in a home. If I had a say, I'd build a granny flat out the back or something ...

disposed?? errm i thought this thread was going to be about something else nevermind.

It was pretty simple really... I just invited them over for dinner, drugged their risotto, rolled them up in a carpet, popped them in the boot and they were in a shallow state forest grave within the hour.

What?

I have my mother's mum
I have my father's mum
i also have my mother's grandmother (great grandmother) (91)
I am 25 so, we had four generations @ lunch for mothers day....

Its was really special.:)

Oh yeah...got my mum pre-booked into the Linsey gArdens retirement home in sunshine coast...its beeeeaauuuuutiful.!!;)

lol!! ^^^^

my paternal grandfather died before i was born and my paternal g-ma lives with her new husband. They dont' need our help, they're doing just fine without us. :)

I don't speak to anyone on my mother's side of the family at all, not even my mother, so i have absolutely no idea how they are. Last i heard, my nan was living in mugee and my pa on bribe island, each with their respective new partners.

my nanna has been recently diagnosed with alzhiemers and its really sad to watch her deteriating. when i found out we made a trip up north so she could meet my girlfriend before she wouldnt remember and then at xmas she forgot who i was and told me "you should meet my grandson and his girlfriend cos the girlfriend is a really nice girl and helps me with the dishes" 8(
so i said "yes nanna thats me"
"yes i new that mitchell" (not my name)
her husband passed away last year.

my other grandparents are going strong in perth. you couldnt hold them two down they'll be chargin hard at 110 i think.