• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

Shale

Bluelighter
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Movie Blurb by Shale
May 9, 2017

guardiansofthegalaxy2vert-208281.jpg

Finally, I got to see this movie that opened last Friday. I have been recovering from oral surgery and follow-up visits to the dentist since May 4th but today I got to the Cinema to see one of my must-see movies.

This movie has a different tone than the original; more on-screen action and a little backstory on some of the key characters, such as "Star-Lord" Peter Quill (Chris Pratt) meeting his Celestial father Ego (Kurt Russell) and answering all the questions of why his father left and did not return to earth. Also we learn why the Ravager Yondu (Michael Rooker) kept the young Peter Quill and did not deliver him to his father.

Chris-Pratt-Kurt-Russell-Guardians.png

Peter Quill is still trying to break thru the ice of his love interest Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and she seems to be loosening up in between explosions and close calls. And while not being targeted by her crazy sister Nebula (Karen Gillan) who keeps trying to kill her over some lifetime sibling rivalry.

5437742.jpg

Drax the Destroyer (Dave Bautista) still goes shirtless on all occasions and is the kind of friend who will tell you your breath stinks or laf at you for being secretly in love with a co-worker. He seems to be falling for the empath, Mantis (Pom Klementieff) who is joining the team of Guardians.

Of course in the trailers and the end credit teaser of the first movie we see that Groot who gave his life for his companions has sprouted anew and the Baby Groot has some very endearing scenes of being too damned cute.

Baby-Groot-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2.jpg

This movie was liked by 82% of the aggregate critics on Rotten Tomatoes and by 90% of audiences (including me). Their consensus was: "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2's action-packed plot, dazzling visuals, and irreverent humor add up to a sequel that's almost as fun—if not quite as thrillingly fresh—as its predecessor." That's pretty much my assessment.

It looks like they're already planning on Vol. 3. And, since Sylvester Stallone had an almost cameo appearance as Ravager leader Stakar Ogord who has bad blood with Youndu, we might expect him to be in the next one.

BTW, as usual with Marvel movies there are teasers after the end credits. There are several in this movie during the credits so you will have to watch the entire end-credits. But, it too is entertaining with music and vignettes of actors the whole time.

It was pretty good. Marvel films are about all i go out to theaters to see.