Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Help" Bad Raction to Pill sold in Brisbane

FoxyKel

Bluelighter
Someone bought a pill in Brisbane, it was her first roll, the pill was not tested but it was purported to be MDMA. The pill was called an "envelope" and was beige in colour, round, with a picture of an envelope stamped on it.

She only took a half the pill and after 20 to 30 minutes she experienced rushed breath, her eyes rolled to the back of her head, she started shaking and she couldnt' see or move because her body felt so heavy. She seemed to have an awful experience, much more intense than a normal roll and quite an unpleasant experience.

I have looked up pillreports and there don't seem to be any bad reports on 'envelopes' sold in the area.

Could this have been a fake pill, containing something other than mdma, and if so, does anyone have any suggestions on what the contents may have been or why she reacted to the pill this way?

Or moreso, is it possible she was somewhat allergic to mdma?

- Kelle

Edit: This was posted on behalf of a newbie who was a little shy about it, so please don't send PM's to me in response. Thanks :)

Last edited:
I was thinking perhaps seeing as it was the girl's first roll, she may have over-reacted somewhat to the effects of the pill, but I thought I'd just check it out and see if anyone else had heard of anything similar as it's generally better to be on the safe side.

The rushed breath and a case of the shakes can be pretty norm for some people, but I've never had my eyes roll back in my head nor have I ever been unable to move due to mdma.

I can't say for certain as the pill was in Brisbane, but the ones in Melbourne were MDMA as far as I know. Being that it was her first MDMA experience (to the best indications) perhaps she is hypersensitive to this drug. Remember, about 1 in 10 people on average will be overly sensitive to MDMA due to deficiencies in the liver enzyme CYP 2D6. It would be prudent for her to avoid MDMA, or if she desperately wants to try it again (which I perhaps doubt due to the intensity of her first experience), have no more than 1/4 of what other people are dosing.

BigTrancer :)

The eyes rolling upwards may have been an oculogyric crisis. This is a type of dystonic reaction, most commonly associated with anti-psychotic drugs. However, there are reports of dystonic reactions occurring with amphetamines, including MDMA. It could be as BT suggested, that she is particularly sensitive to MDMA because she can't metabolise it properly, or it could be that the pill was a speed pill.

Does the person take any medication, either prescribed, OTC or herbal? It may also have been a drug interaction.

Perhaps she might have a mild case of epilepsy that hasn’t reared it’s head until now

the beige batch of Envelopes in Melbourne produced a very quick and complete purple to black reaction with Mandelin and were, without a doubt, extremely strong, high quality MDMA.

subjectively, i thought these were some of the strongest pills over the last few years. i am guessing around ~150 mg active substance per pill. yes, the internal gauge is calibrated and accurate.

~150 mg, depending on body weight / metabolism and other particulars of the ingester, especially if they are new, could be overwhelming, to say the least.

btw, if you have any unwanteds left, please fax them right over ;)

lol... I haven't had any at all, but I will remind the kid who wanted to know the answer to this question to check the thread.

Thanks for your help.

- Kelle

nanobrain said:
the beige batch of Envelopes in Melbourne produced a very quick and complete purple to black reaction with Mandelin and were, without a doubt, extremely strong, high quality MDMA.

subjectively, i thought these were some of the strongest pills over the last few years. i am guessing around ~150 mg active substance per pill. yes, the internal gauge is calibrated and accurate.

~150 mg, depending on body weight / metabolism and other particulars of the ingester, especially if they are new, could be overwhelming, to say the least.

btw, if you have any unwanteds left, please fax them right over ;)
i hate to have to say this... but i reakon your internal gauge needs to be sent for repairs!

IMO the melbourne envelopes were good clean MDMA-based pills, but the effects were nowhere near 150mg MDMA in dose strength.

BigTrancer :)

^^ Substituting Brisbane for Melbourne in the above, what BT said.

The half I was thrown suggested MDMA but it didn't seem all that strong (contrary to most reports). Still, my evaluation could be rather unfair as the setting involved a BL wedding and I was already high from the buzz of the occasion.

Sensible advice when intending to take any new drug/ form is to only take a half or third of a dose before deciding to dive in. That way any allergy or bad response will also be less severe. This should definitely be considered the way to go for newbees.

Getting to know how your body reacts to the new substance and allowing for possible unknowns in the pill won't ruin your night. In fact it could make it that much more enjoyable and certainly better than feeling overwhelmed, anxious and sick. Too high a dose of MDMA can seemingly paralyse some people. When strong pills are around (e.g. safe sex last year) it is common to see normally hard partyers floored, especially if double dropping is the norm rather than the exception.