• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First time Oxycodone, limited experience

rizmatter

Bluelighter
Hello,

The oxycodone is a capsule, 10mg, and Instant Release.

I'm wondering whether to snort it (i could just tip the contents out the capsule), or swallow it with some grapefruit juice.

The only experience i have with opiates is with a small to moderate amount of codeine, and some dihydrocodeine.

Will I feel much? I've no idea what to expect

Thank you

10mg should be fine - its nearly the smallest dose they come in (5mg i believe is the baby of the family).
you might feel good, you might feel bad, you might feel absolutely no different at all. at low doses its pretty subjective to your body.
i have a friend who would take that and feel great, i on the other hand would feel nothing.

Do they make instant release in capsules? I didn't know that- I thought the purpose of a capsule was for time release. Regarding your question I've always preferred snorting but drink some grapefruit or orange juice with it. Not sure the exact biochemical process but they interact in a way that intensifies the effect of opiates.

Yea stateside capsule oc is not heard of and I've heard of lots. There's pretty much the kadian morphines, zohydro barely seen, and ER hydromorphone all being er formulations although the kadian work beautifully for injection, but should be run through a micron filter before injecting.

Grapefruit juice is not an maoi..... It does inhibits the CYP3A4 enzymes, but it is not a maoi exactly as it's too selective vs a general maoi inhibitor that inhibits even in the CNS not just the digestive track. It's a CYP3A4, but not necessarily an maoi even if it inhibits one Mao enzyme in the digestive track.

Yet your statement that was more technical than my vague statement holds more of the same truth.

Thanks for all the responses!

I snorted it. Seemed to be a lot of powder packed in to such a small capsule. It was great, so much better than codeine, wow.

The main effects were shorter lasting than i would have hoped. Next time i would just swallow them on an empty stomach.

Also, what would they usually mix the 10mg of oxy with? what white powder makes up the rest of the capsule?
Are there any tips you have for snorting oxy pills, because the powder is so fine it seems difficult not to just sniff it all straight into your lungs.. when ideally you want it to stay in your nasal membrane for as long as possible.

It was a shortek capsule.

Can I bump this please, many unanswered questions in my last post on the thread

It's fine enough to where it makes you cough when you sniff it? Hmm. Just take them orally on an empty stomach a few hours after a fatty meal. It will work better than intranasally. Whatever inactive ingredients are inside, they are of the preservative type, and as the capsule is not designated for intranasal use of the powder inside, you can't expect the manufacturers to have made it harmless to snort. I mean, even if it was pure oxycodone powder, there still is not enough evidence to prove its at the nonexistant level of acute harm as ingestion. Your nose, after all, is meant for breathing air, a pre-filter to your lungs, the bodys big de-facto filter, and you wouldn't want to throw a wrench in it's gears.

Don't get me wrong, the amount of powders passed through my nose are so many in count that I can't possibly list them all. With something like hydromorphone or oxymorphone where the bioavailability is to the order of 4x-10x that of ingestion, I wouldn't hesitate to sniff away all the fillers and active ingredient combined. As it's a cost effective measure and if I was back in that place of needing relief, I wouldn't hesitate to do so. However with something like oxycodone, where a bit of research and extremely light modifications to ones diet around the period of ingestion, one can get not just an identical but actually more potent effect through oral ingestion, there simply is no reason to sniff these capsules and do your body more harm than good.

In a way,I suspect they are designed with the very fine powder or whatever filler makes you choke when sniffing them, as an anti abuse measure.

What I would do if you are dead set on intranasal of some sort, is, take a small oral syringe(plug the bottom with your finger even if it has a cap). Add 0.5 or so ml water (you can go higher, but lower than 0.5 seems that too much of the active ingredient gets trapped in the syringe after it's been emptied). Dump your alloted amount into the back of the oral syringe (you can do this by pulling out the plunger). Put the plunger back on to where it seals the chamber, flip it right side up and give it a quick shake or two. Now push the plunger to the point where its only liquid with some air , tilt your head back and clear your nasal passageways, and blast it down one of your nostrils while gently inhaling. Optimally, you want the liquid to sit inside your nasal passageways for at least a minute or two before you feel a "drip" so you want to keep your head tilted back.

This is the extreme junkies strategy, where a few itches are scratched in one fell swoop. I would recommend you just orally ingest them.

It's fine enough to where it makes you cough when you sniff it? Hmm. Just take them orally on an empty stomach a few hours after a fatty meal. It will work better than intranasally. Whatever inactive ingredients are inside, they are of the preservative type, and as the capsule is not designated for intranasal use of the powder inside, you can't expect the manufacturers to have made it harmless to snort. I mean, even if it was pure oxycodone powder, there still is not enough evidence to prove its at the nonexistant level of acute harm as ingestion. Your nose, after all, is meant for breathing air, a pre-filter to your lungs, the bodys big de-facto filter, and you wouldn't want to throw a wrench in it's gears.

Don't get me wrong, the amount of powders passed through my nose are so many in count that I can't possibly list them all. With something like hydromorphone or oxymorphone where the bioavailability is to the order of 4x-10x that of ingestion, I wouldn't hesitate to sniff away all the fillers and active ingredient combined. As it's a cost effective measure and if I was back in that place of needing relief, I wouldn't hesitate to do so. However with something like oxycodone, where a bit of research and extremely light modifications to ones diet around the period of ingestion, one can get not just an identical but actually more potent effect through oral ingestion, there simply is no reason to sniff these capsules and do your body more harm than good.

In a way,I suspect they are designed with the very fine powder or whatever filler makes you choke when sniffing them, as an anti abuse measure.

What I would do if you are dead set on intranasal of some sort, is, take a small oral syringe(plug the bottom with your finger even if it has a cap). Add 0.5 or so ml water (you can go higher, but lower than 0.5 seems that too much of the active ingredient gets trapped in the syringe after it's been emptied). Dump your alloted amount into the back of the oral syringe (you can do this by pulling out the plunger). Put the plunger back on to where it seals the chamber, flip it right side up and give it a quick shake or two. Now push the plunger to the point where its only liquid with some air , tilt your head back and clear your nasal passageways, and blast it down one of your nostrils while gently inhaling. Optimally, you want the liquid to sit inside your nasal passageways for at least a minute or two before you feel a "drip" so you want to keep your head tilted back.

This is the extreme junkies strategy, where a few itches are scratched in one fell swoop. I would recommend you just orally ingest them.

This my friend, is a such a well written post. With a cheeky junky strategy thrown in just for a bonus!

You have earned the instant respect of myself! thank you

packaging-material-for-various-formulations-38-728.jpg

Cut a bendy straw to make the same shape. I don't know if the hole with slide cover is needed for airflow. Basically you put the drugs in the straw, one end in the mouth and the other the nose. Then you blow with your mouth through the straw and the concept is anything that goes through the nasal cavity will go into the mouth possibly back into the straw and through the nose as air is leaving the mouth, which feels weird as it's going in through the nose and back out the mouth (possibly what the airhole helps with like a carb on a glass pipe) while since air is going out of the lungs up the throat the drugs can not get into the lungs. It's weird at first, but best for these ultra fine powders. Just practice first with an empty straw and then something like sugar to make sure you do it without adding moisture to the air as that will cause the powder to stick to the straw as well as clump before coating the nose.

yes they come in capsules, I was prescribed 15mg IR for a while and went to the IR tabs. The caps are fine, split them open and pure powder.