• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is my current neurontin dose enough to help w/opioid w/d

Sasha88

Bluelighter
Hi all-
I'm gonna run out of my Oxys later this week so I wanna be prepared for my withdrawal. I usually am on oxy for two weeks and then off for two weeks. Fun.
This is the first time I have neurontin to throw into my mix of meds that help during withdrawal. I've been reading everyone's comments on BL about this... but I haven't yet found info in how much to take if you're already on it as a script....
Im currently scripted to take 300mg 3x/day. Is that enough to help with withdrawals or do I need to go higher? I have a daily oxy habit of about 100mg/day.... some days more, some less.

Any advice would be great. I'm not looking to get high off them, although if I did that would be ok. :)
I'm more interested in a dose that can help with my withdrawal.

btw what does a gaba high feel like?

thanks everyone!
sasha

300mg 3x/day is not going to do anything at all. You're going to want to take 1200mg some time in the morning, and a smaller dose later on, maybe 900mg. As for the high, it's somewhere between drunk and stoned. You'll feel floaty and at ease. It's great for anxiety.

800-1600 is my sweet spot, preferably 3x a day. Take the doses spread out though, so it absorbs better.

thanks to the both of you! I appreciate your info so much.
I have a few questions... even though i love LOVE taking drugs, i tend to be a nervous nelly when I'm doing something new. Im always game to do it, of course, but ill feel more comfy about it if i can have a bit more info.

you guys never had any scary adverse effects by taking 1200mg all at once? taking over my entire daily dose all at once makes me nervous...but I've seen on the forum that lots of people are doing this and have nothing bad to report.
So i should take 1200mg all at once in the morning and then maybe 800mg mid day and then again at night? Does it need to be spread out more?
How many days do you guys do this before you can drop back.. or I can drop back to my 300mg, 3X/day?

also - unfortunately i'll have to work a bit during this period. Feeling floaty and at ease sounds fantastic... but will it make me act weird? Like Im not gonna be slurring my words or anything right? I'll just feel nice? Sorry for all the questions... like i said, when i do a new drug or whatever, I get kinda nervous and want to make sure i know exactly what I'm doing.

thanks again you two! :)

You should be able to function fine, but if your in opiate WD you aren't going to 'feel nice'...it'll kill most the physical WD symptoms and keep you from breaking out in tears, but you are still going to know that your in WD.

you guys never had any scary adverse effects by taking 1200mg all at once?
Nah
So i should take 1200mg all at once in the morning and then maybe 800mg mid day and then again at night? Does it need to be spread out more?
That's a good plan, but...

How many days do you guys do this before you can drop back.. or I can drop back to my 300mg, 3X/day?
It's gonna be difficult if you can't get a steady supply. 300mg 3x/day will do just about nothing for you. It is a bit addictive, but quitting shouldn't be a problem if you're only using it for a couple of weeks. As for dosing, I would really wait for the wd to get unbearable before starting on the gabapentin. That way, you'll be using as little as possible. I'd suggest starting at 600 or 900, waiting an hour, and working your way up if you want more.

also - unfortunately i'll have to work a bit during this period. Feeling floaty and at ease sounds fantastic... but will it make me act weird? Like Im not gonna be slurring my words or anything right? I'll just feel nice?
No guarantees. I'm 5'11"/125lbs., and at 1500 - 1800mg, I get somewhat clumsy and sluggish. With a bit of self control, it's unnoticeable, and you wouldn't really be unfit to drive at that point, unless you were sleepy. Please don't drive drowsy on gabapentin.

Some people get pretty high off of it, but there are a lot of people that don't. It does come with a laundry list of side-effects. The only thing I've ever noticed was heart palipations, but that was also when I was hunger. Medically speaking, you are supposed to titrate up slowly, but I've never had problems dosing high-ish. I don't take it regularly.

Hi J/A, my friend !! I hope you're well! Thank you for the info. I've got one High left today, one tomorrow and maybe one Friday and I'm done... unless my husband's embeda arrives today and insurance doesn't stop it.
im gonna try to write u more later. I've been swamped at work.
i hope your hand is better! :)
talk soon!