• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

new to injectin and is having a really really hard time getting any to hit

gillard51

Greenlighter
swim has used his hands up and has hardly really injected on that many occasions.
Any advise as far as i know is he is fit, carrying some muscle and some fat.
swim is starting to look like a pin cushion. The reason SWIM is now jabbing is that smokings is doing nothing to this individual.
It is strong stuff. Swim has used thumbs and back of hands but SWIM has used the same spot over and over to much.
did get a mate to do one in my foot for me the other day but he always wants loads for doing it.
swim even debating putting a cannula its that much of a hassle.
any tips on getting the hand veins to heal up? i hear to just leave them alone.
swim has tried so many spots so any help id love
thanks

For a start, I have no IV technique advice to offer re your query as I was fortunate enough to make the decision not to inject after seeing friends taking hours & distressed hours trying to get a hit when their veins had given all they had, I knew that I would need less to get a stronger effect if I injected, but I also wanted to be able to relieve heroin withdrawal instantly which smoking it did (You don't say if it is heroin, but basically 'having' to inject anything frequently is likely to eventually result in trouble, especially if, as you say, you are new to injecting & aren't really sure exactly what to do)

Secondly, if you have 'read them all up' (unless it was a typo and you meant 'used') I presume you haven't read anything on Bluelight before posting, & seen everywhere that 'Swim' is not used here - it's redundant for pretending it's not you and also suggests you haven't read through relevant posts to see if your question has already been answered on the forum.

I personally would not recommend injecting, especially as you have only recently started & are not really sure of safe techniques. Relying on someone else to inject you not only puts both of you at risk, but again, the sight of my friend screaming & crying with pain & withdrawal as her boyfriend tried to find a vein, as she never injected herself, was the wake-up call that stopped me going down that route at a time when I was seriously considering it.

I hope you reconsider your IV ambitions - the initial economy & increased effects are usually eventually outweighed by the drawbacks

it was one time a mate did it for me in my foot. ive used my fore arms and veins. i decided to iv because smoking was doing nothing for me.
i cant seem to find the popular outside crook of the elbow on my arm
so if you can give me any helps. I have tried loads of tricks like super hot baths...sitting out in the sun which worked for my hands but they need a rest.
I am not exact;y brand new to this i am super clean and make sure everything goes in the sharps bins and swab before becaue it helps show veins up better and naturally after the shot

also i have read alot on blue light i just thought it might help me becoming a member. granted i was saying swim. i go threw all the forums

just to add i did mange to find a fore arm vein last night but its a real hassle for me. i use 30g pins

We do not use swim or any other third person--there is no need, you have an anonymous user name. This is not the forum for this post so I will move it for you.

If you are still determined to inject, then at least minimise the risks by doing it as safely as possible. You could have found this thread in a few seconds https://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/75897-Intravenous-and-Intramuscular-Injection Please read it and any other relevant information you will doubtless find if you do a search.
I'm a little confused that you're new to injecting & you've 'used up' all your available sites - thumbs??- in such a short space of time, but good luck

I think the problem is about your technique and/or the size of the syringe (too long, too big) or the needle. I have very thin and poor veins, but doing injecting very patiently, slowly and only with fresh needle i succeed almost every time. Do you use tourniquet? Do you gently slap the vein with your hand before injecting? Do you have steady hands?

Are yours 1/2 inch needles or 5/16 inch length needles. The half inch are best for veins along the arm even if popping out as your not just poking in, but snaking the tip further into the vein so it is injected in the center of the blood flow and not towards it on an interesting path. The 5/16th are for veins like the finger tops, but are so fine there's a huge risk of them breaking that's why even though they are able to hit most veins that are close to the skin that go along the arm or in the crook that are still only a good choice in small difficult to find a straight section vein. Really though those will break the fastest if you rely on them. Rotate injection sites. I use 29s 1/2 inch and only collapsed my veins due to the effects of LSD. I literally watched the blood flow reroute thinking I missed and was watching it absorb.,

i do not understand how you are making a thread about your friend and their inability to hit a vein, but you then make reference to someone shooting up in your foot. Who are you talking about gillard51?

for one, only use brand new needles, every time, period. re-using needles is what got you into this mess in the first place I guarantee it.

two, never shoot up in your foot, i know there are big juicy veins down there, but they roll a lot and/or have thick walls so its easy to miss and your feet are DIRTY and have poor circulation, its a really easy way to lose a leg.

three, stop shooting up, now, just stop, don't do it, its not worth it, its more economical for all of a month if that and by then you've jacked your tolerance up to the point that you have to dose just as much as you did before, except now you have to dose more often, so it ends up making your habit more expensive not less....it sounds to me like you've about reached the end of your opiate journey, its clearly no longer fun or euphoric anymore(or soon won't be), now its just how many years are you going to waste keeping WD away, no judgement here, I wasted more years than I want to admit just fighting WD...so swallow your pride and get help any way you can, the longer you wait the harder its going to be, not just to quit, but to put your life on the right track again

edit: anybody who 'makes' you break them off for you not to be in WD is not only not your friend, but a horrible god damn person who deserves to rot in hell