• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom and stomach discomfort

needforname

Greenlighter
Hello. I wasn't able to find a kratom specific category, so this may be listed in the wrong section. If so, apologies. Anyway... my question is regarding kratom and stomach upset. I've spent dozens of hours of research into kratom, so I'm not sure if I can find any new info in here, but worth a try I suppose.

When I was first introduced to kratom I did the toss and wash method, but it bothered my stomach. I then migrated to tea, which seemed to help slightly with the stomach discomfort, but only slightly. I've tried numerous strains of quality kratom and this didn't make a difference. I use tea bags and dispose of the particles.

The discomfort I feel is a nauseous sensation and feeling of knots in my gut. I've tried the prilosec, aloe, various teas, etc... they don't help. I've tried various dosage levels and I don't abuse the kratom. Any other suggestions? I'm in sever pain from my rheumatoid arthritis and would much rather take my kratom than the hydrocodone I'm taking. The strange thing is hydrocodone doesn't bother my stomach much.

Thanks for any help. If this post is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move it to the correct area of the site.

I've had this issue before. The first time, it was during a opium poppy tea craze I was on. Resulted in an Urgent Care visit, called it Gastritis.

Then a couple years ago, it happened again during a Kratom craze.
This time it got so bad, and I had no idea what was causing it, that I went to an ER.
They again called it Gastritis, or irritation of the stomach or intestinal lining - which makes sense.

I currently take Kratom daily - but nowhere near the amounts I was taking years ago.
To help prevent that from happening, I make sure I eat regularly. Once in a while, I'll drink a
detox tea. I take Ginger root often.

I know people have circumvented the stomach issue by taking it with applesauce or yogurt.
It won't hit as quickly, but the stomach issue would be helped. Have you had diarrhea?
Try probiotic yogurt - it's a cure-all for intestinal issues.

Is it like coffee where the ph is very acidic? If so ive managed to greatly reduce stomach discomfort from coffee by simply drinking it then sipping a 1:1 ratio of acid and sodium bicarbonate calcium carbonate or magnesium carbonate.

Interesting... I have IBS-D and kratom has never caused me any stomach discomfort other than nausea when I've really overdone it. I also almost always take it on an empty stomach.

Considering the large amounts of kratom that need to be ingested in comparison to other drugs, I've always thought it was extremely gentle on the stomach...

Isnt it active at opiate receptors esp kappa and delta receptors could make u nausous

Well, in my experience all signs seem to be pointing to a mechanical effect, as opposed to chemical.

I would say that both Kratom and Opium Poppy tea are acidic, but I have a feeling that the issue
is more so the very fine sediment that comes along with drinking that tea. It irritates the lining of your stomach
and/or upper small intestine - and I believe it accumulates over time. If you do not eat regularly, you may
have that sediment building up in certain spots. Also, it may be like eating spicy food every single day
for a time and eventually the lining becomes worn out and unable to repair fast enough to accomodate
it.

D1nach, your idea is worth a try, since it isn't expensive and super easy to make. But that will only
address pH, and not the issue of sediment, friction, and erosion.

I agree actually i brew concentrated coffee and by using more advanced seperation of caffeine from the other stuff that still goes. Through a filter i can drink super super conc like 12 -24 fold than coffee black and undiluted and feel less nausous then normal black coffee.

If the issue is poorly water soluble compounds another idea is drinking carbonated water one a very very dilute sugar alcohol like stevia or ethanol (i mean like one shot in a quarter gallon of water) these help remove irritating compounds like glycosides off your throat also a fatty meal with ideally both butter and oil