• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How long to space out cigarette/smoke breaks to keep effects and low tolerance?

MarcusJD9999

Bluelighter
Some people go through a pack of cigarettes a day, do they still get a buzz/effects, wouldn't they develop a tolerance from smoking so much and not feel a buzz or strong effects anymore? But what if you limit yourself to smoke only one cigarette every hour or two hours (two hours sounds more effective at keeping tolerance lower), wouldn't that be slightly under a pack a day and does that sound like a good dosing regimen to keep tolerance reasonably low to still get a nice buzz off of it? What do you guys think about spacing cigarette breaks to one cig every 1-2 hours and keeping tolerance low to where you can still feel effects?

Smoking every 1-2 hours is still quite the habit. It's half a pack a day, that's not really something that you can just discount as having no long term effect.

If you enjoy a cigar every weekend or two, you're probably going to be better off with respect to tolerance. The metabolites of nicotine do have quite a long half life in the body. Frankly speaking, using tobacco even once a day will eventually result in tolerance development and likely negative health impacts.

A lot of people will tell you that there are no good "dosing regimens" for smoking tobacco. I agree - any regular use will probably lead to tolerance development. Keep it to an occasional treat and you might be OK.

I dont feel nicotine i feel unhappy and bored and anxious without nicotine. I use extensive nicotine roughly equal to a pack or two slowly via gums without chewing and extensive bulking agents to limit speed it is released

Even in passive smokers, it usually takes several days for nicotine to leave your body. So even 2 cigarettes a day won't give you a buzz. You'll just be scratching an itch.

If you smoke half a pack a day, after a few weeks you`ll have such a tolerance that cigs won`t give you a buzz.

If you want to maintain pretty much zero tolerance, don`t smoke more than 1-2 cigarettes a day and don`t smoke everyday.

Ok. if peöplë smoke half a pack to a pack a day, and thëÿ dønt get a buzz anymore, then why are they still smoking? Like why do people still smoke it if doesnt give you a buzz or produce effects or do anything? That's like a huge waste of money and lûńg cãppaçïtÿ

Also, I was going to post this question in a new thread, but I might as well post it here. It's about withdrawal.

How long does it take to get hooked/addicted to cigarettes? Lets say you smoke half a pack a day. How long would it take to smoke this amount to where you get withdrawal of nicotine when you quit. Like sick withdrawals. I dont know the exact list of symptoms, but like headaches and stuff?

Ok. if peöplë smoke half a pack to a pack a day, and thëÿ dønt get a buzz anymore, then why are they still smoking? Like why do people still smoke it if doesnt give you a buzz or produce effects or do anything? That's like a huge waste of money and lûńg cãppaçïtÿ

People who smoke half a pack a day soon become become addicted and that's exactly why they smoke- because they're addicted, not because they want a buzz.

It would take about a month of smoking half a pack a day to become hooked.

You never get "sick" withdrawals with nicotine. Well, you "might" if you've been smoking for like 20 years and then you suddenly go cold turkey but typically nicotine withdrawals are more psychological. you just have a strong craving to smoke. You never feel sick, nauseous, etc without cigarettes though.

Thanks this answered all of my questions thoroughly and straight to the point. I always thought nicotine withdrawal involved some form of mild physical withdrawal. So it's nothing like heroin/pain pill or crack withdrawal is it? so are all drug addictions psychological-all in your head? when it really does come down to it? Or do drugs such as opiates and heroin produce physical withdrawals upon quitting such as dope sick and headaches and stuff.

I'm just trying to learn more about it I guess. Maybe for all drugs when you do them a lot like almost everyday your brain and the chemistry and your body gets so used to having that feeling from the drugs and being high, and when you quit your brain was so used to having the drug that when you quit cold turkey your body has to readjust and get used to not having the high all the time anymore.

Maybe all addictions are psychological but I could be wrong

Psychological is biological. Just like your heart or liver your brain runs on chemicals and electrical signals and when you stop a drug it causes physical differences in binding to receptors causing psychogical mood changes

I only smoke about 5 cigarettes a day, and usually take breaks when I finish a pack, by the time I finish that pack I notice a pretty moderate tolerance from smoking, which is a good reason for me to have a fair break, I also notice slight cravings for more when I'm done, but for now I've kept it under control pretty well.