• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Percocets aren't working?

Maximus421

Greenlighter
I'm new here to this forum so don't flame me too hard for not knowing this shit. Im new to these kinds of drugs, I smoke weed daily and have taken acid once.
So basically I found some Percocets in my pantry specifically (Oxycodone-Acetaminophen 5-325) and after some research and common sense I decided to take 3. About 30 mins later I wasn't feeling shit so I kept taking one at a time and gave up after taking 6 in total. Why am I not high? Mind you this was my first time ever taking these.

Oh and they expired 11 months ago, but from what I've read that doesn't really mean much because it is just 1 year exactly after the prescription was filled.
18 y/o
140lbs

Thanks

Is this your first time taking Perc ? All I know is the first time I took an opiate I didn't get the experience alot were talking about. Now I do, Perc isn't a super strong opiate although in high dosages it can be, when I take then I usually take 6-8 at a time but usually like to stick with hydromorphone or something with a bit more kick, I find people who like Perc's really like em a lot and those like me meh will use em if nothing else is around but a last resort.

Are you white? I had the same experience as you, i just cant get high on those and i probably need about 40mg (no tolerance). It has something to do with ur CYP2D6 enzyme variation. Some people just cant metabolize it well. I suggest not to bother with it cuz u wont get high and ur just wasting it.

11 mons is a long time. my dad is chemist in the American sense. He has told me meds eventually do go off, but it's not as percise as food. So companies give themselves a 3-4 month buffer when they list a date just in case. Also, he said that with 90% of meds its not like when food goes off it won't hurt you it just won't help. Nebulized asthma meds could be an exception he thinks. Oh yeah i should say that he has worked in all sorts of labs from pharmaciticals to leather curing but he just retired this year.

so based on what my dad said i think you just found the pills 8ish months late.

First of all you should not take that much APAP especially if you plan on taking that many pills on a somewhat regular basis or ever in my opinion, it's really bad for your liver. You need to do a CWE (cold water extraction) it gives you all the good stuff and gets rid of the APAP, it's a simple process and there's plenty of info about it on here. It definitely shouldn't take you anywhere near that many if you're new to it. Instead of raising your dose of oxycodone (even if you do extract it) I'd recommend taking 25-50mg of diphenhydramine, hydroxyzine or promethazine they should make the oxycodone stronger. If that doesn't work I'd say maybe the drug just isn't for you, I wouldn't recommend going over 30mg with no tolerance.

You took almost 2,000 mg of APAP. Certainly not going to hurt you once, but as already mentioned, definitely look into a CWE if you're going to take higher doses or do this routinely. Two things I'd comment on:

1. In my experience, if you don't feel anything off your initial dose with opiates, re-dosing is not particularly effective. I don't know how much time you let pass between each additional pill after 3, but this might be a contributing factor. Next time I'd recommend doing a CWE on 30mg and taking it all in one bulk dose, this might have more pronounced effects for you.
2. The effects of opiates are much more subtle than weed or acid. You certainly should have noticed something, especially with a dose that high for your first time, but your perception of being "high" might be skewed by the other drugs you've taken. Opiates are more of an acquired taste and take some time to appreciate.

The fact that they expired likely didn't play much of a role if any. I've taken percocets much older than that without any noticeable deterioration.

A major factor is stress pain or psychological distress. Kurt cobain used heroin and also had severe stomach pain leaving at times curled up in bed crying in the fetal position. Did heroin make him high yes but a normal person probably wouldnt understand why it is so reinforcing to him to be tired, nausous, at home doing basically nothing when he had the money and fame to do just about anything in his off time. Or people who come back from wars after seeing their friends shot and bleed to death in their arms or feeling like they spent years fighting for a war and they arent sure they think anymore it was right or the constant fear of having to be on edge everu second for years of possible death rewires the brain to become super sensitize to opiates. Pair that with untreated ptsd and feeling of being unfairly treated by a country because they may have lost a limb or have had severe ptsd and arent getting medical treatment thats adequate that same opiates feeling might feel like there isnt someone with a gun potentially around every corner when its really your grandson just saying catch and tossing u a ball. Or if you feel like your on the bottom of a social ladder without upwards mobility and are being treated unfairly research by saplokosky showed that apes who are in the bottom of their heirarchy basically at the risk of the top ape going off on them taking a unfair share of food and hoarding all the females are much more sensitive to the rewarding effects of opiates and other drugs of abuse and that repetitive unpredictable stress and where you are in a heirarchy can change levels of glucocorticoids and other hormones and increase the ability of drugs like opiates to activate dopamine receptors in pleasure centers