• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A question regarding tolerance for crystal meth.

BillyCrystal88

Greenlighter
Here's a backstory so you can have a better understanding of what this person's situation is...

Someone has had a short history of using crystal meth. Which consisted of weekend use and occasional binges lasting no more than 3 or 4 days. That went on for 2 months and he decided to quit because he was worried about his future.

After 47 days of clean time he decided to use again because it was a great tool for doing homework. He only goes to school once a week and gets a few packets of homework to do over the week.

He's been smoking dope everyday for about two weeks now and has noticed a tolerance has developed, now getting high isn't a fun and useful way to help him in school anymore. Now hitting the pipe comes with very little effect. And getting completely spun is now something difficult to achieve.

He's not sure if its the result of a 4 day binge he took part in over the weekend, taking advantage of having the house to himself for the weekend. Which truly is a godsend for the people who keep drug use hidden from family. So he made sure to enjoy himself.

He doesn't think it's the quality because the last two times he picked up were from different connects in different cities and he had the same problem both times.

He is smoking it the right way, he gets good sized milky clouds every time, and the pipe he has is a small one which allows for bigger hits. Glass is also thin if that's worth mentioning. He's not a pro smoker but his technique of smoking has worked for him in the past and has showed other people new to smoking his technique and it works for them as well.

But the question that this person has is that he wants to know if he should try snorting his dope instead to achieve the feeling he's looking for. Snorting has always been a more intense high for him. Doing half a line would last him about 2 hours before re dosing with the other half. But unfortunatly also comes with a harder comedown than smoking. Snorting is his only other ROA for using speed he is comfortable with and willing to do.

Hopefully someone on this site can help this person with his little issue, assuming there are experienced/veteran users of the drug who can provide useful information, for he would consider himself to be somewhat novice compared to other people he's used with, all having at least 1 to more than 10 years of using meth.

Also, I'm new to this site, I made an account after searching other threads hoping my question has been answered before but couldn't find anything that helped. So if there's a problem with how I went about writing this such as it being too long please let me know for future reference, I look forward to being apart of this forum and talking to other members. Thank you

Side comment: (details of recent use) the two weeks of everyday use that was mentioned was light, a bowl or less to do homework or wake himself up if needed. There were a few days with no smoking but still able to eat and sleep for the most part. the binge was 4 days of using multiple times in the day to fight off comedown. Very little sleep on some days and no sleep at all on others was present during his short binge. He remembers sleeping like 1 or 2 hours one day or 45min on another one. Although it was more like a very light nap. As if he was only half asleep and just daydreaming or nodding off, he would be shooken awake by slightest noise. Very little food as well but lots of water as always. Hope this extra info helps