• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone question

MadamHatter

Greenlighter
Last time I tried to quit H, I waited until I started going through withdrawals and took 8mg sub...didn't feel much better so I (like an idiot) tried shooting sub, which gave me the screaming mimi's and felt awful on all levels, even spiritually. Slowly, the worst of it faded, but over the next 24 hrs I experienced horrible back pain and I could not get in a comfortable position for more than two minutes at a time. I should note that I kept eating bits of sub here and there in an attempt to feel better, but it didn't seem to help- didn't make it worse either.

24 hrs after my attempt began, I broke down and did a shot of H. I figured with so much sub in me, it would be worthless but I had to try. Much to my amazement, I felt instant relief...back pain gone, completely comfortable, and high.

How is this possible after taking probably 32mg bupe over the past 24 hrs?

That's not uncommon..

You put yourself into precipitated withdrawal. Been there plenty of times myself.

Thing with Bupe is the longer you wait the better it works.. What you're talking about I call being in limbo. When you take the sub justtt a little to soon so you aren't in full in precipitated but you still feel like shit . and you are correct, taking more sub doesn't help for some reason. I've been in that state for 3 days in a row before.

The only way to pull out is to wait the wds out or to do some full agonist opiate.

Not sure the exact technical details of how something like heroin can break through a monster amount of Bupe... My guess would be you completel saturated your receptors with Bupe and then in the amount of time between your last an and when you did the dope, enough of your receptors opened up to allow the H to work.

That's a complete guess but yea I've been there before .. I swallowed an 8mg sub like 2 hours after doing dope, because I was dumb and thought I could pass a UA for sub without going into pwd by just swallowing it.. Big mistake. Ended up taking 48 mg of sub that night an it only made it worse and last longer. I actually hallucinated.

Anyway did a bunch of dope a day later n it took the edge off.

^correct. The mu receptors weren't fully occupied by the partial agonist, allowing occupancy by the more potent diamorphine.

It may have ben small, but given the considerable distress you were in, its effects were very apparent despite not reaching full receptor occupancy and saturation.

This may have created a unique mix of agonism/partial agonism that would provide beneficial effects in the ratio of the two - given the state of high receptor activation.