• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cough Medicine with DXM-Need Help

Lumos1992

Greenlighter
I bought a bottle of children's cold & cough medicine (liquid, off brand) that has Dextromethorphan, antihistamine, and a nasal decongestant. The bottle is 8 fl oz. I've never tried DXM before but have wanted to. I was thinking about just shotgunning the bottle but thought I'd post first. Any suggestions? Anyone ever used this before to get high? Also I'd like to note that I have a massive tolerance to painkillers, if that matters at all. Only other drug I use except pot. Thanks in advance for the help it is greatly appreciated.

Don't take it. If you want to get high or trip off of DXM, the medicine can ONLY contain dextromethorphan. The kind you have contains medicine that will make you really sick in high doses.

I usually buy the gel caps that have 15mg of DXM in each pill. 20 pills = 300mg of DXM, good starting dose (if experienced with other drugs). Can be pretty intense so maybe 150mg might be good to test the waters.

Walmart seems to always have the Robitussin gel caps. Some stores don't sell it because they know people use it recreationally. A store like Walgreens has "wal-tussin" haha. Might have to check a few stores, but one of them will have it

I totally agree man you don't want to take anything with the "additives". Get syrup that has DXM as it's only active ingredient, Delsym is a good example, it's what worked best for me, it does take some time to kick in, like a good 2-2.5 hours (could be different for you though, just my experience with it). Also the Robitussin Robogels also just have DXM. But chances are you will get sick and feel like shit if you take too much of the mixed stuff. It's crazy fun though, very surprising what cough syrup can do.

Don't take it. If you want to get high or trip off of DXM, the medicine can ONLY contain dextromethorphan. The kind you have contains medicine that will make you really sick in high doses.

I usually buy the gel caps that have 15mg of DXM in each pill. 20 pills = 300mg of DXM, good starting dose (if experienced with other drugs). Can be pretty intense so maybe 150mg might be good to test the waters.

+1
Good to know.

Moving to Basic Drug Discussion as this is not a trip report.

TR -> BDD

Good for you for checking first. :) Antihistamines are dangerous in high doses. Especially combined with DXM.

I know it's kinda off topic but would a dose of 150-300mg Codeine before a small dose (100-200mg) of DMX be dangerous or not? It'll be my first time doing DMX and I'm kinda nervous and a dose of codeine would really help my nerves.

I know it's kinda off topic but would a dose of 150-300mg Codeine before a small dose (100-200mg) of DMX be dangerous or not? It'll be my first time doing DMX and I'm kinda nervous and a dose of codeine would really help my nerves.

i've never done this combination but my guess is that the codeine would just end up making it more intense, since you are mixing drugs