• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why do I get high off abilify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nancy145

Bluelighter
I researched abilify's recreational value and found that it has none, but I was having really bad anxiety and just popped 14 mg to try to help it and feel high now. It feels like halfway between benzos and seroquill, with slight euphoria. Does anyone know why this happened? I take a lot of meds so maybe its an interaction. Lamictal, adderall, nuvigil, zyprexa, effexor, buspar, and melotonin.

Lamictal ability zyprexa

Effexor Adderall nuvigil

Buspar

I don't understand are you psychotic or epileptic?

I don't mean psychotic in a negative sense I mean like do you have schizophrenia delusions or bipolar? Those are some strong meds

Lamictal ability zyprexa

Effexor Adderall nuvigil

Buspar

I don't understand are you psychotic or epileptic?

I don't mean psychotic in a negative sense I mean like do you have schizophrenia delusions or bipolar? Those are some strong meds

I second this inquiry. Are you prescribed all of these meds by the same doctor? That's quite the cocktail

Anyway zyprexa is a muscarinic acetylcholine receptor antagonist which may shift the sensitivity to amphetamine to lower doses

A mix of zyprexa and ability interact with dopamine d2 receptors which may make you super sensitive to Adderall.

Lamictal blocks sodium channels which may lower the threshold of amphetamine needed

Also some of those drugs block 5 ht2a 2c receptors and histamine which may increase dopamine release in pleasure centers from low dose amphetamine.

Overall I think there is a long complex series of interactions that are either acutely or long term sensitizing you to amphetamine

It would be due to the partial activation of the dopamine type 2 receptors postsynaptically. Most people don't get this from aripiprazole as this agonism functionally cuts off vesicular release to a large degree via presynaptic agonism and the dopamine available in the cleft then has to compete with the atypical at the receptor site, which has much diminished efficacy in eliciting a robust biological effect in comparison to endogenous dopamine.

This is also why it enhances amphetamines. Normally the plethora of dopamine being pumped out would hit up those presynaptic receptors with full, 100 % biological efficacy inhibiting release. But instead the aripiprazole saturates them and does a much shittier job than dopamine at regulating release.

At low dosages, as the above poster said. At higher ones you will start to block postsynaptic receptors which you don't want in this circumstance

Nancy, if you are having anxiety then talk with your doctor as opposed to increasing your doses of any of these medications. A negative reaction would not surprise me because I've seen people become really messed taking just a couple of these drugs. I'm closing this thread as it's beyond our scope here and we are a harm reduction forum. I'm urging you to please get help for your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.