• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anxiety and panic attacks from coke

From About 4 weeks ago I've been experiencing what I hope to be panic attacks. It started after a night out sniffed around 2 gram of pretty low quality coke, was sitting in my bed the next morning (after being up all night) where I couldn't get to sleep cause my heart was going then it got really bad and I thought I was having a heart attack I phoned my friend to take us to hospital but as soon as I got up and got ready it sort of went away so ended up not going. Ever since then I've been experiencing these panic attacks that are triggered over either palpitations, fast heart rate or even having a panic attack thinking your going to have a panic attack. I've always had quite bad anxiety but never to the point of it making me feel like I'm about to die like this. However I've stopped taking drugs since then. Since I've not been to a doctor it's still in the back of my head That I'm having a heart attack because to be fair I don't have a healthy lifestyle however I have no other health problems and I'm 18 which is quite young for a heart attack. The actual panic attacks only really happen at the weekend when I'm drinking or hungover the morning after but all during the week I'm constantly checking my pulse and always thinking about it. Just wondering if anyone's experienced similar or has any advice because I'm new to these panic attacks and hope this is nothing serious

I have experienced the same thing..used to have anxiety but one night of Coke and e (Very experienced)sent me into what seemed like a 6 month panic attack because they were so frequent..eventually it got better but it took work..I got a ekg and every thing was good but these panic attacks were so bad I've fainted or couldn't speak but docs said I was good.so after 6 months of hell I got over it with Buddhism and recognizing that I am NOT dying when it happens..when the fear of it went away the actual attacks slowly stopped..I can't say if it was all physical or all mental I think it was a mix

You need to see a Dr about your symptoms to rule out anything dangerous. You need a portable EKG monitor to capture your episodes because there is no way to know if what you're experiencing is an actual arrythmia without capturing it on an EKG. Cocaine can cause heart attacks in young people with healthy hearts. Drinking alcohol can cause arrythmias as well.

More than likely you are experiencing panic attacks. I used to drink a lot and can't do it anymore because of the anxiety it provokes. You need to stop drinking alcohol and all other recreational drugs. You'll need to start an exercise program and start living a healthier life. Medication may help along with cognitive behavioral therapy. I've been there where I couldn't function because I had to be at most 5 minutes from a hospital in case I had an attack. I ended up sleeping in my truck in the hospital parking lot for 2 months because otherwise I would awake in my apartment in full panic attack with intense chest pain, my heart rate at 160, and barely able to get a breath. I slept fine so long I was in the hospital parking lot because it was all in my unconcious. It was all panic and it is much better after therapy and biofeedback. So be proactive and seek treatment otherwise it is very unlikely to get any better.