• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Can I take Suboxone yet?

Phase0)))

Bluelighter
First of all, I know that I should definitely consult a doctor for something like this before making a final decision, but I do not have access to a doctor right now.

The last time I ingested heroin was last night at 1 am. It is now 12 45 Pm, the next day. I already feel pretty sick with bad body aches and constipation going away. Getting chills but no runny nose. I have been on Suboxone before but I can't remember much about it as it was years ago. I have to go to work today and I really want to take the Sub to feel better. My job is very physically demanding.

I'm just looking for personal advice not a doctors opinion.

Thank you.

EDIT: Also I have only been using for about 3 weeks at max. I haven't been using that much but enough to where I feel dopesick. Also I was using intravenously

12 hours is the bare minimum you want to wait.. I'd try to get to at least 16-20hrs. When you do induct, dose 1mg or less to lessen the chance of going into precipitated WD.

I would wait 24 hours...

the more sick you are the better Suboxone would work.. plus you would know for sure you wont go in PW..

I had a buddy in rehab wait 19 hours after his last hit of heroin, and went through PW for 6-8 hours after taking subs..

So I would for sure wait at least 24 hours.

(Methadone users must wait 72 hours)

Check out the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale (COWS) to see how bad your withdrawal is

Hey guys thank you for the replies!

Just wanted to give an update. So at around 4PM earlier today, about 15 hours after my last dose, I caved in at work cause I was feeling so shitty and took the Suboxone out of utter desperation. I was really scared about PW's, but everything turned out fine, felt A LOT better, and I kicked ass at work today! I know it was a risk but I was so sick I was willing to chance it, and if I did get sick I would hope one of my managers sees and would let me go home. But none of that to worry about! Really appreciate the feedback. I'm done with H. For the last 3 weeks it only felt like how it did 2 1/2 years ago when things were really, really bad.

I stuffed up and had a shot of heroin today. I don't want to do it again. I have been on suboxone for 3 months currently reducing and am on 12mg. When can I safetly take my suboxone again. Sorry I can't work out how to start a post so this was the closest section I could ask in