• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids kratom gabapentin respiratory depression

elstongunn39

Bluelighter
Will this combo be likely to lead to fatal respiratory depression?
I know that gabapentin is occasionally mixed with opioids and that kratom causes less respiratory depression than many opioids. So I'm leaning toward it being safe. And I've done it a few times without dying. But I want to get closer to the truth.

Whats your dosage,yeah should be OK but without knowing tolerance or dose impossible for any one to know but from personal experience they are both pretty mild drugs

My gabapentin dosage is 300-600 mg. at night. kratom dosage i normally just take it until i get pretty high. so it varies wildly

600 mg of gabapentin is a low dose Definitely don't think you'll be in danger of respiratory depression

Have combined Gabapentin and Pregabalin with Kratom many times. Just don't take a humongous dose of either one and you shouldn't have any Resp. Dep.

Are you SMOKING the Kratom?? ...Kratom is related to coffee, and can be stimulating to some people... I've used it when I kicked opana, and it helped me with my withdrawal sickness. I crushed dried leaves and made a tea with it. Gabapentin eases some of the WD symptoms, too. You're more likely to experience respiratory depression by taking opiates than by taking the all natural stuff that helps relieve opiate WD sickness.

\

I have proof the Kratom causes many cancers not just lung cancer like it did to me.

There is no proof that kratom causes cancer, and there's no reason to believe it's substantially carcinogenic. If Julesz has proof that kratom causes lung cancer, he'lll publish it in a peer-reviewed journal and prove us all wrong. However, i'm willing to bet that's never going to happen.

Any bogus claims about kratom causing lung cancer is off-topic from OP's post anyways. If you want to discuss it further, feel free to provide some sources in the kratom megathread.

there's something wrong with this "Julesz" guy. He wrote false info on my post about kratom as well, while promoting pharmaceuticals. Either a troll or some type of shill lol

ignore the troll guys. Yeah i'm not taking huge doses of gabapentin and it seems like they really synergize so i might greatly reduce my dose of gabapentin on days I take kratom. just can't totally stop it because I won't be able to sleep

If I take something as low as 200-300 mg of gabapentin a few hours after my last kratom dose i should be good, correct?

I think you'll be fine. Listen to your body. I don't think kratom and gabapentinoids are going to have any serious interactions at relatively low doses. They definitely synergize very nicely though :)

I guess the main thing i should know is how to monitor my body/my breathing to gauge if it is safe... is it possible to monitor your own breathing fairly accurately? I've done this with heart rate on stims, but never with breathing on downers..

You can feel if your breathing is slowing down. If it's becoming difficult for you to breathe, you should go to the ER or administer a shot of narcan. However, it's also easy to psych yourself out into thinking your respiration has slowed dramatically when it really hasn't.

If you're worried about it, I think the best idea is to have a friend watch you. At your doses of gabapentin and with some tolerance, I would be very surprised if you had respiratory problems from kratom. I don't think kratom causes respiratory depression as seriously as most pharmaceutical opioids. Just keep your doses reasonable.

I realize that it's extraordinarily unlikely to cause real problems, i'm just looking for a way to be able to monitor myself, since kratom is not a regulated drug there isn't lotsa scientific info on drug interactions, just anecdotes. I am actually going to ask my doctor about this. It seems like gabapentin is prescribed with tramadol sometimes, which should be fairly comparable to kratom in terms of respiratory depression