• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Dissolving Powder Taken from capsules?

markanders7

Bluelighter
I have Tramadol 50mg capsules and Trazodone 50mg capsules.
How do I properly disolve it in water? Would ether of thes pills work? Snorting Tramadol is a bitch and ONE Trazodone let me unable to breath through my nose for 24 hours (I tried everything from snorting hot/warm water to repeatedly blowing my nose).

I added the powder from two of each and it dissolved very well (I just used Grape Koolaid) I don't know what this effect will be? Surely much, much greater surface area = more rapd absorbtion?

There is potential for interaction, so they were prescribed to you in careful amounts. Disrupting that is asking for trouble, in the most extreme form, serotonin syndrome, although you would have to take quite more than you are speaking of here probably to be in that territory, but if you're adding a third antidepressant (well, presuming trazodone is for sleep and tramadol is for pain, maybe the first antidepressant) in sertraline, well, it is not a combination I would be comfortable with, especially tampering the doses.

There is no possible reason for you to want to snort these pills, though. Tramadol's oral bioavailability is just fine, and taking it through other routes will increase your risk of seizures (although at such a low dose it is not a major concern, but I somewhat suspect you're wanting to take more.) Snorting trazodone is just dumb.

More surface area will not mean more absorption, the capsules are designed to give good absorption. Both drugs are water soluble so you could just dissolve them and drink them down, this may hit you a bit quicker (as in a few minutes quicker, totally insignificant and not worth the bother), but not any stronger. It's not worth the effort. Just take the drugs as prescribed. I assume you are wanting to get high off the tramadol? Tramadol is not a very good opiate, anyway, except for it's tricyclic-antidepressant-like effects which can be good for certain types of pain, but in combination with everything else, escalating the dose, which you would no doubt have to do to get enjoyable effects, is a recipe for seizures, and possibly serotonin syndrome. All in all a waste of drugs and a bad idea.

This post or any of my communications do not constitute professional advice nor do they establish a professional relationship of any kind; I make no claim to any specific professional credentials; in person consultation is essential for any medical, psychological, substance-related or harm reduction decisions. While peer support an advice can be helpful, any content posted online, regardless of it's source, cannot, by it's very nature, substitute for an in-person relationship with a clinician who has had the opportunity to take your history in the larger context and provide professional advice with all these factors, and others, taken into account.

I've been on Sertraline for Depression and Borderline Personlity Disorder for 7+ years. Tramadol I have been on for two years for chronic pain. Trazodone I have been on about 5 months for anxiety. I'm not tring to get high off tramadol per se but more a combination of prescription drugs (including Seroquel, Soma, Diphenhydramine, Cyclizine...etc).

I have never had Serotonin Syndrome even when taking 500mg of Trazodone. I do have Anticholinergic Toxicity/Syndrome every day, though.

I take Keppra for seizures.

None of the drugs you listed are likely to be a pleasant experience; most of those that you mention will contribute to anticholinergic issues. If you want to get high, look elsewhere; of course due to preëisting issues I'd suggest against it strongly, but you seem to have the will to do it; your meds are not going to achieve it for you nor has anything you mentioned. If you really want that opiate (or whatever) high, you'll have to find yourself some proper opiates (or whatever); but be exceedingly mindful of combinations; e.g. increase in opiate sedation, serotonin issues with DXM, MDMA, anything that is an MAOI, etc. But just fussing with what meds you have will get you nowhere good.

as above, no medical advice/professional relationship, etc.

Your stomach is essentially warm dilute hcl. Have you ever cleaned your toliet with lime away basically anything you drop in your stomach will rapidly disolve