• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Insanely scary/intense dream-thing after stopping meth use?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Okay, so normally I wouldn't make another thread because of my other thread relation to meth hallucinations, but holy fuck this scared the hell out of me.

One second I was internet surfing on my phone, and the next second an old friend who I haven't seen in almost 3 years was sitting next to me talking to me. And then things got...weird. There's no way to describe it because I truly had no idea what was going on. We continued talking, then suddenly we were playing video games and my vision was spinning. Next second my friend was asking me what the hell was wrong and why I was screaming a random word repeatedly. Then I tried to get up to go to my room to sleep and collapsed on the ground, and my friend helped me back onto the couch. Then I managed to make it to my bed by crawling, and 3 seconds later my friend came in SCREAMING that I couldn't sleep for some reason. I kept repeatedly asking him throughout this whole thing what the fuck I took but couldn't get a straight answer, and eventually I was hallucinating stronger than I've ever hallucinated before (his skin turning purple, twisting and rotating infinitely, all shit too hard to explain).

Anyway, I'm going to skip way ahead because a lot happened. Well over a day had passed, which was evident by the sun light. The period of time I am choosing to emit for the sake of post-length included the most intense fear, paranoia, delusions, and hallucinations I have ever experienced in my life...even DMT wasn't this interense.

And then BAM, I woke up. It was all a dream. I looked at the clock and not even 15 minutes had passed. Not only has it been 21 hours since my last dose, but I also am not experiencing any paranoia or fear currently while awake. What gives? It was too realistic to be a normal dream, I haven't had a dream legitimately scare me like this since I was a little kid. I honestly don't know of I passed out or fell asleep, but i believe I may have fallen asleep.

Okay, so normally I wouldn't make another thread because of my other thread relation to meth hallucinations, but holy fuck this scared the hell out of me.

One second I was internet surfing on my phone, and the next second an old friend who I haven't seen in almost 3 years was sitting next to me talking to me. And then things got...weird. There's no way to describe it because I truly had no idea what was going on. We continued talking, then suddenly we were playing video games and my vision was spinning. Next second my friend was asking me what the hell was wrong and why I was screaming a random word repeatedly. Then I tried to get up to go to my room to sleep and collapsed on the ground, and my friend helped me back onto the couch. Then I managed to make it to my bed by crawling, and 3 seconds later my friend came in SCREAMING that I couldn't sleep for some reason. I kept repeatedly asking him throughout this whole thing what the fuck I took but couldn't get a straight answer, and eventually I was hallucinating stronger than I've ever hallucinated before (his skin turning purple, twisting and rotating infinitely, all shit too hard to explain).

Anyway, I'm going to skip way ahead because a lot happened. Well over a day had passed, which was evident by the sun light. The period of time I am choosing to emit for the sake of post-length included the most intense fear, paranoia, delusions, and hallucinations I have ever experienced in my life...even DMT wasn't this interense.

And then BAM, I woke up. It was all a dream. I looked at the clock and not even 15 minutes had passed. Not only has it been 21 hours since my last dose, but I also am not experiencing any paranoia or fear currently while awake. What gives? It was too realistic to be a normal dream, I haven't had a dream legitimately scare me like this since I was a little kid. I honestly don't know of I passed out or fell asleep, but i believe I may have fallen asleep.

Damn, that's one of the craziest stories I've heard in a while.

I'm confused though, had a day ACTUALLY passed or did you only think it had been a day when the whole dream actually happened in only 15 minutes??

Damn, that's one of the craziest stories I've heard in a while.

I'm confused though, had a day ACTUALLY passed or did you only think it had been a day when the whole dream actually happened in only 15 minutes??
In the dream it had been over a day. In reality it had been <15 minutes. Weird shit.

That's fucked up.
You need to stop for a few month and let your body recover man!

I know you started a thread a few weeks ag asking about the dangers of a meth binge or something like that, can't find it right now, but wanted to share this paper with you https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3955986/
Interesting read for sure. I'm aware of how terrible meth is for your body, as are a majority of users. It's a wonder why we ever touch the stuff...

In the dream it had been over a day. In reality it had been <15 minutes. Weird shit.

Shit man, that's nuts.

And so your friend was never there at all right?

You weren't playing video games or screaming, it was all a dream?

I've never done DMT (I REALLY want to but never had access) and that sounds like a bad DMT trip: some INSANE short acting 10-15 minute experience that feels like a day has passed.

The closest I've had is 5-10 minute Salvia Divinorum experiences but unlike many people I LOVE Salvia and at worst I've had some unpleasantness but always mixed with an element of fascination with what is going on so it was never bad, but that SHEER intensity over only a few minutes is there, but NOT like what you are explaining, not even close.

Better take some advice from the mods or people who know more than me about this shit, maybe read that article Kleiner Keifer posted.

Sounds like maybe you shouldn't do meth anymore, but that's not up to me to decide...

Huh....I dunno, maybe it's you're unconscious mind trying to tell you it wants more meth?

In any case, I'm not by any means one of those new-fangled bleeding-heart pot activists. That said, one great side effect of weed is that decreases dream recall....you dream but you don't fucking remember it!

Now I've always been one to have strange dreams...but when I toke up before bed, I never remember an actual dream....vague, vague bits & pieces, but never the full horrid nightmares like you describe. I'd remember the friend, maybe 1 or 2 other minor things, and that's it.

P.S. Anytime I go off drugs(not meth) I OFTEN have dreams about guess what? DRUGS! Marvelous dreams where you find a 5-gallon bucket full of...Morphine tablets! Holy shit how great is this...then BAM I wake up to a REAL nightmare!

But seriously it's probably just part of the withdrawal, 21 hours, sheeeit you've still got a little less than 1/2 your original dose in you're blood, uneducated guess. That means your body is seriously about to start craving the shit, and you mind already has. Don't quit now FFS, if the Cubs can make the WS then you can kick meth!
Good friend of mine just got busted for the stuff....without too much detail, he was the most innocent of the bunch, but his mugshot says otherwise! Decent guy though, just fucking loves meth....moral here is; it's easy to love dope, but nothing worth doing is easy...is it Mr. Stryker?

I had this, I also had to deal with sleep paralysis non stop for a while was wierd as

Was it not just a fucked up dream? I have them semi regularly, and they do seem to get more intense or weird if I'm fucking about with drugs, but not always. Could be the meth and/or stopping use, but dreams can be fucking insane without drugs IME.
To be honest I quite like them, even the crazy ones like you described!