• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe new to suboxone question

Hipster427

Bluelighter
i hope this is in the right place, if not, my apologies.
As of this past wednesday, I got prescribed suboxone, 8 mg 2x daily. I had a 120-180mg oxy/opiate habit. I have NOT been taking the prescribed dose because oxy withdrawals are bad enough and from what i have read and hear is that sub withdrawals are way worse so i am terrified of being hooked on them so I have been taking about 1/3 or 1/2 the prescribed dose. i have noticed a time or two during the morning hours that my nose is running just like it would about 16-24 hours after my last use. I usually take a half first thing in the morning when i wake up (6-630 am) and then a quarter that afternoon/evening and i only take it when i feel like I need it. I was wondering if this has to do with withdrawals from the opiates/oxy or does this have something to do with my subs? I did take the full prescribed dose the wednesday i got them and the day after.

Also, it has been one whole week since i gave up the oxy and i have been feeling pretty good compared to the first time i got off opiates ( this is my 2nd time to get off them) but i noticed today that i have had anxiety, and i was feeling very down and out compared to the past few days. Is that just how it goes?

Thanks in advance.

well. as a 3 year bupe user... your getting the runny nose and what not because you were taking so much oxy that the amount of bupe your taking isnt enough and you are getting withdrawals from the bupe wearing off IME

i would try and stick to that dose because less is better... especially when you want to try and stop taking sub.

the part about having anxiety might just be u getting all the oxy out of your system finnally... because i can say that from taking bupe daily for 3 years i never feel those effects.

i would probably try and stay at 4 mg a day if you can, which you can... its mental... i know this one kid who was taking 16 mg a day when i was taking 4 mg a day and hes like dude how r u doing it... and i swear i had amazing energy and everything...

stick with the bupe and you wont experience any of the Down and out type feelings u had today IME... just try and keep ur bupe dose as low as possible... try and experiment with how low of a dose u can take without feeling shitty throughout the day...

also do not shoot bupe unless you have micron filters, and if you can not STAND the taste plug it, you get more BA from it and it has no taste =D

A few things.i just got off dope today after seeing the sub doctor for the first time at 9 am this morning. He prescribed me 3 subutex a day (which I'm obviously not taking) but comparable to your situation, I have high anxiety and depression coming off opiates. He's put me on 2mg of Xanax twice a day to combat this... Maybe a low dose of klonopin, Valium, Xanax etc. Would help you out here. *temporarily, as benzos are extremely addictive.

My best advice would be to realize how horrifically destructive a high dose oxycodone habit is and stop being so scared of bupe dependency. God how I wish someone had told me that a few years ago. Take what you need to GET OFF AND STAY OFF and figure out what works for you. The naloxone in suboxone gives me terrible headaches and it may just be psychosomatic but it seems to contribute to my depression so FOR ME subutex has been a lot more effective. Maybe you should switch it up and see what's better for you.