• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Laughing crowd gathers to WATCH as married drug addicts slowly lose consciousness in

poledriver

Bluelighter
Laughing crowd gathers to WATCH as married drug addicts slowly lose consciousness in the street after overdose

Carla Hiers and her partner collapsed in the street after taking heroin
They had both apparently snorted the drug in bathroom of a Walgreens
She fell to her knees on the sidewalk , while he was flopped on a bench
Paramedics arrived to find the crowd with their cell phones out, recording
A crowd gathered and Courtland Garner filmed them on Facebook Live
He admitted: 'It made me laugh' but said he hoped it put youths off drugs

Shocking footage has emerged of bystanders laughing at a married couple as they fall unconscious after overdosing on heroin.
The concerning video of the pair, taken in broad daylight in Memphis, Tennessee, was posted on Facebook Live by Courtland Garner on Monday and quickly went viral.
It shows the husband and wife writhing on the floor after snorting the drug in the bathroom of a nearby Walgreens - while the crowd stands back and does nothing.

Paramedics eventually arrived on the scene and revived Carla Hiers, 59, and her partner, who are both long-time drug addicts.
The video is yet another example of America's heroin epidemic, that is spiraling out of control.

Hiers, who also goes by the name Carla High, is seen collapsed on her knees on the sidewalk while her partner is seen flopped on his back on a bench.
At one point someone is heard on camera saying: 'This fella might be dead...I hope he's not dead' and someone replies: 'He's got a pulse.'
Others are heard joking: 'That's some good s*** they been smoking.'

Hiers was taken into custody as there was an outstanding warrant for her arrest.
She was booked into Shelby County Jail on a $200 bond. Online records show she has been behind bars a number of times facing charges including theft, drug possession and fraud.
Mr Garner posted on Facebook: 'They out here f***ed up.'
He told the local WREG news: 'What they were doing was children's things. It was a spectacle. It made me laugh. They can't help themselves.'

Cont - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-street-overdosing-heroin.html#ixzz4MGkLUiSw

People = shit

We as a society SHOULD be far more disgusted at the people who would laugh at this and video it to share the lols with others than with drug users...but we're not.

What assholes. How about at least getting them into a bit more comfortable positions until the paramedics arrive.

People = shit

We as a society SHOULD be far more disgusted at the people who would laugh at this and video it to share the lols with others than with drug users...but we're not.

People help out total strangers all the time. Don't let some pack of imbeciles inform your opinion on the human race

^While this is true given this was reported in a Murdoch rag I shudder to think of the comments. Am not gonna give the Dickhead Mail any clicks to find out. The fact that someone thought this was funny and recorded it with the intention to share it because others might find it funny is frankly psychotic

that whole neighborhood should be napalmed, at the very least sterilized.
I wonder if they laughed at their own parents when they were nodding off?
ghet-ghet-ghet-ghetto!
If I ever won the powerball I would have a plan like gun buy backs in ghettos only I would offer gift cards for sterilizations.
It would be called "Toys for not having tots".
Something tells me we would be doing each other and society as a whole a big favor.

Last edited:
Utterly disgraceful behavior by a crowd of bystanders who uncannily exemplify how state-sanctioned propaganda can condition its citizens to point and laugh at the misfortune of others.

Thankfully not everyone was content to let the couple die and ensured that they were aided in the nick of time.

If they died in the street could the entire crowd get "homicide by negligence" as the known risk of video taping and laughing is that they die in front of you which could have been prevented if you did anything else.

The sad part is I am sure one person in that crowd will inevitably know someone who had drug issues or ODs

If I ever won the powerball I would have a plan like gun buy backs in ghettos only I would offer gift cards for sterilizations.
It would be called "Toys for not having tots".
Something tells me we would be doing each other and society as a whole a big favor.

I would give money to that charity. But only to be used in former Confederate states.

The sad part is I am sure one person in that crowd will inevitably know someone who had drug issues or ODs

Statistically, they do, it's fucking Tennessee.

Onlookers laugh at 'heroin addicts' passed out on Memphis street

Onlookers have been filmed laughing and joking about two people who passed out on a Memphis street after reportedly taking heroin.

The footage of the scene was shared by onlooker Courtland Garner via Facebook Live on Tuesday, who joked as he filmed the unconscious man and woman.

His video has been viewed more than 1.2 million times, and has drawn mixed reactions.

"They out here f---ed up," Mr Garner captioned his video.

It shows other onlookers filming and exclaiming as they walk past a man passed out on a park bench and a woman crouched unconscious on the footpath.

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2f2016%2f10%2f06%2f10%2f17%2f161006_heroinaddicts.ashx%3fw%3d603

Courtland Garner filmed the passed out couple and himself. (Facebook)

"Oh no, I was in the middle of a conference call," a man says as the unconscious man is filmed with a phone in his hand.

"Oh yeah… they're white, cops said they're going to speed up," one man jokes.

"White lives matter, somebody help these people."

"Baby you up?" he says to the woman, who raises her head.

The onlookers can also be heard questioning whether the unconscious man is dead or alive.

The passed-out pair are a married couple who had "snorted some heroin" in a nearby bathroom, WREG News Channel 3 reported citing police.

Firefighters reportedly revived the couple, and the woman was taken into custody after being identified as Carla Hiers, who had a warrant out for her arrest.

Mr Garner told WREG he believed his video could help to show children that drugs were "stupid".

"What they were doing was children things. It was a spectacle. It made me laugh. They can help themselves," he said.

"I know for a fact all the kids are on social media, and when kids see that video, you know what they are going to say? I don't want to look stupid like that I don't want to do those drugs."

However, his decision to film and crack jokes drew criticism on Facebook.

"Shame on you for laughing instead of helping," one viewer wrote.

"For all the people saying children don't need to see junkies passed out in the street. And saying what Courtland Garner did was not wrong. I think what children don't need to see is adults hovering around two unconscious people acting like they are in a circus," another wrote.

"It's one thing to record this to shed light on this insane epidemic, but to laugh and make fun of them is disgusting.”

Other social media users expressed support for Mr Garner.

"For all the people on here who getting mad that he didn't help number f---ing one these are grown ass adults who chose to do drugs, where in the f--- are any of you all when our people out here looking like this or matter of fact when we out here getting killed by police," one woman wrote.

A spokeswoman for Turning Point Recovery Memphis told WREG there had been a rise in heroin overdoses.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/...sed-out-on-memphis-street#mYvI7gATU78W8vJj.99

what the fuck do you guys expect these people to do about a heroin overdose? Whip out their syringe of narcan and save them? They called to ambulance what the fuck else do you expect them to do? act concerned and stroke the unnconsious mans hair telling him everything will be ok?

its not like they were laughing at people that were hit by a car....they were laughing at people that shoved so much drugs into their face/arm that they couldn't even remain conscious anymore, they did this to themselves. This board has the attitude that because someone is an addict they are a victim...oooh poor thing. These people love heroin, use it recklessly and thats that. if they didn't want to end up looking like ass hats on the street they should quit heroin or at least titrate doses when they get a new bag. I was an opiate addict for 6 years and every decision was mine, i was not a victim or controlled...i could have stopped and gone through withdrawals whenever i wanted to stop.

if it was a bunch of white drunk college frat boys making fun of some drunk passed out kid...sticking their nuts in his mouth...pissing on them, writing dicks on their face with a sharpee (of which there are thousands of videos on youtube, some involving girls and sticking dicks in their bodies while they are passed out)....you would not be calling for sterilizations....just because these are black people you are so lets say what we actually mean here ok?

"get these folk some milk!!" LOL

Last edited:
I expect them to show some basic fucking humanity by not laughing at people who very well might be dying, not filming it so other people can laugh at it. That really isn't that big of an ask, I would have thought. It wouldn't be acceptable to film and laugh at victims of a car wreck despite the fact that driving is probably one of the riskiest things average people do on a daily basis, which they make a conscious choice to do. You wouldn't just point and laugh at that instead of trying to help so why is it ok here?

I expect them to show some basic fucking humanity by not laughing at people who very well might be dying, not filming it so other people can laugh at it. That really isn't that big of an ask, I would have thought. It wouldn't be acceptable to film and laugh at victims of a car wreck despite the fact that driving is probably one of the riskiest things average people do on a daily basis, which they make a conscious choice to do. You wouldn't just point and laugh at that instead of trying to help so why is it ok here?

people have to drive cars to live, work, and live life. The majority of people to not require heroin to live.

Well no, they don't 'have' to drive, it just makes life a lot easier. But driving isn't addictive and the withdrawal from not driving is a lot less brutal I'd wager.

I haven't had a car or licence in ten years and I'm doing fine. I also used to work at a trauma hospital so saw first hand how fucking dangerous it is. People just tend ignore that fact because they've been conditioned to think they 'have' to drive, much more so than they do. The cost to society from car accidents outstrips heroin by orders of magnitude. A car is a deadly weapon and people really don't respect that fact.

the cost to society of cars outstrips heroin? I'm guessing you're not factoring the benefits of either in because heroin is only beneficial for those with severe pain. while cars have quite a bit of benefit to society.

if you havn't had a car....then bike crash, bus crash.

I agree that this was no time to make jokes....and these people are heartless pieces of shit...but its not like they didn't call an ambulance. I wouldn't call for "them" to be sterilized like some other poster did.
it was funny in my opinion only because the guy had some funny commentary in my opinion.

It looks like almost all heroin these days is either straight some kind of fentanyl analog from china or heroin laced with a fentanyl analog due to all these OD's occuring and people literally passed out in crazy places.. Usually if its straight diacetylmorphine (aka Heroin) the person/persons just do the heroin nod where they stay standing and just kind of hunch over but never actually fall down unconscious.. Kind of like that saying goes about heroin addicts nodding out "they never fall down!" I guess those days are over seeing that heroin suppliers have finally realized they can buy fentanyl analogs from china 10,000x's cheaper from China and therefor increase their profits but 10,000% rather then sourcing diacetylmorphine which requires growing poppies and then turning that into heroin... fuck China, fentanyl from what I hear is a crappy non-euphoric and short high that is insanely potent and dangerous.

what the fuck do you guys expect these people to do about a heroin overdose? Whip out their syringe of narcan and save them? They called to ambulance what the fuck else do you expect them to do? act concerned and stroke the unnconsious mans hair telling him everything will be ok?

its not like they were laughing at people that were hit by a car....they were laughing at people that shoved so much drugs into their face/arm that they couldn't even remain conscious anymore, they did this to themselves. This board has the attitude that because someone is an addict they are a victim...oooh poor thing. These people love heroin, use it recklessly and thats that. if they didn't want to end up looking like ass hats on the street they should quit heroin or at least titrate doses when they get a new bag. I was an opiate addict for 6 years and every decision was mine, i was not a victim or controlled...i could have stopped and gone through withdrawals whenever i wanted to stop.

if it was a bunch of white drunk college frat boys making fun of some drunk passed out kid...sticking their nuts in his mouth...pissing on them, writing dicks on their face with a sharpee (of which there are thousands of videos on youtube, some involving girls and sticking dicks in their bodies while they are passed out)....you would not be calling for sterilizations....just because these are black people you are so lets say what we actually mean here ok?

"get these folk some milk!!" LOL

Dude, you really are a deplorable human being. They shouldn't be laughing at people that thought they were doing Heroin but obviously got a bag of some kind of fentanyl analog, which it seems most so called "heroin" is these days. Why would you laugh at two fellow human beings that are in trouble and could be on the verge of death? Addiction is nothing to laugh at, especially opiate addiction...And by reading the tweets in the article I can see the brainwashed "Black Lives Matter" attitude is in full affect. They see two white people OD'd and immediatly make it about race. They sat there and laughed probably b/c it was two white people and the George Soros funded Black lives matter movement mentality has brainwashed these kids into hating white people for no reason. The least they could of done was first of all not film them and second of all started CPR and sternum rubs while calling the police. You can't exactly call the police if your using your phone to take a video... Come on bro have some love for a fellow human. Addiction is nothing to laugh at and these two poor people were 10 to 1 sold this so called "heroin" by some black guy. So if you wanna bring race into it then couldn't it be turned around and said that these two were poisoned by some black guy selling them fentanyl under the pretense it was diacetylmorphine???

Stop falling victim to George Soro's propaganda of him trying to create hate among races and look at them as fellow human beings rather then their skin color!

They could've at least put them in the recovery position.

At least filming it would raise awareness of potentially lethal batches going around.

But yeah - pretty much no need to sit there and offer commentary for a chance of 10 seconds of internet fame.

It looks like almost all heroin these days is either straight some kind of fentanyl analog from china or heroin laced with a fentanyl analog due to all these OD's occuring and people literally passed out in crazy places.. Usually if its straight diacetylmorphine (aka Heroin) the person/persons just do the heroin nod where they stay standing and just kind of hunch over but never actually fall down unconscious.. Kind of like that saying goes about heroin addicts nodding out "they never fall down!" I guess those days are over seeing that heroin suppliers have finally realized they can buy fentanyl analogs from china 10,000x's cheaper from China and therefor increase their profits but 10,000% rather then sourcing diacetylmorphine which requires growing poppies and then turning that into heroin... fuck China, fentanyl from what I hear is a crappy non-euphoric and short high that is insanely potent and dangerous.

I was going to say the same thing, people on good straight raw dope wobble but they don't fall down. These people were dying, of it was strong enough to give a reaction like that, being off their feet and squirming and everything, then the chances of them pulling a blue increased each second those terrible people gawked at them like it was a show.

Disgraceful and disgusting. I know someone there having narcan would be a one in a million, but they could have at least held one of their hands or put their heads up, or try and sit them up. Basically anything that wasn't filming them and giving stupid comments.

I hope someone cleans up the dope going around, I get wanting to stretch product but dead customers are not repeat customers, and this time ppl aren't going out looking for that same type of dope. There's a diff between wanting to get really high on good dope or oding on some fent analog and poss dying. Esp the whole carfentanyl thing, if 5mg can sedate a full grown rhino, humans have absolutely no business trying to cut that down to a safe level.

Plus fent is a shitty drug, I've had fent dope before and it lacks the warmth and just totally overpowers you to where you instantly nod. And it has no legs, its almost like it's soulless if that makes sense. Heroin is just enough, its strong, but not so strong its dosed in a few micrograms.

I feel bad for all the ppl who have been marginalized bc of their habit. This video is just going to do more harm. Plus it really does make people look totally indifferent to fellow humans suffering. Oh wait instead of tending to you while the ambo comes I'm going to record you and make tasteless comments while we all stand around and watch. "Must be some good shit..." Dickhead.