• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

There's a chance for KRATOM yet.

Cosmic Trigger

Bluelighter
Congressmen Pocan (D-WIS) and Salmon (R-AZ) have drafted a letter to stop the ban

Congressmen Pocan (D-WIS) and Salmon (R-AZ) have drafted a letter to stop the ban (copy of the letter here). We can save Kratom but we need your urgent help! Congressmen Mark Pocan and Matt Salmon have drafted a "Dear Colleague" letter to stop the ban and they need your local Congressmen to sign the letter and support it as well. If it gets enough support, we will win this battle!

If you care about Kratom, it is very important to take action and urge your local representative to sign the "Pocan-Salmon Dear Colleague Letter". Follow the steps below to make an impact and urge your local representative to sign. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO THIS ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH. The letter is to be distributed early in the week and Pocan/Salmon have asked kratom supporters to take action ASAP. Time is of the essence. This letter will determine the fate of Kratom in our country. Lookup your local Congressman with your zip code by using this link. http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Call (202) 224-3121 and ask to be connected to your local Congressman's office. It is not uncommon for an intern to answer these phone calls. Do not be nervous! Keep in mind that these people generally WANT to hear from their constituents and these phone calls are important. Explain that you would like your congressman to sign the "Pocan-Salmon Dear Colleague Letter" in support of Kratom for whatever personal reasons you choose. As a word of advice, be polite, keep it short and stick to the facts. Do not go off on a tangent about conspiracy theories. Keep in mind, it is this Congressman's job to represent YOU and if they want your support they need to do just that.

I also would like to see a link.

So we just have to call our congressman and try to speak to them and urge them to sign this letter??

If we only talk to an intern (as I'd assume it's unlikely we'll reach our congressman) will that be enough if they tell the congressman to sign the letter?

And how would we find out if the congressman did or didn't sign the letter??

Also, do you have any idea how many congressman approximately would need to sign the letter for us to have a chance at stopping the ban??

How many congressman per state are there and how many from each state would we need to get to sign it for us to assume that that state is "on board" with keeping it legal??

Find your "government leaders"
http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/
http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
I just emailed both senators and my representatives, if interested, here's the gist what I sent them, apologies in advance...I am so not an eloquent writer.
I am a paramedic. I see the devastation opiate use has wrought on this country every day. I arrive to see people no longer breathing, blue and sometimes in a state of cardiac arrest as well. It is my privilege and my pleasure to give these people a chance to get clean tomorrow. I have the advantage of not being affiliated with law enforcement or typical hospital staff and frankly my junkies are far more honest with me than with their doctors.
I am NOT happy the DEA is being allowed to control kratom sales and turn another plant into a schedule one substance. I have seen many addicts successfully use this plant to simply take the edge off withdrawals while they say goodbye to their old life as addicts. Please do some actual research on this plant. It is nothing like popping a vicodin or diverting someones suboxone. I suspect if you had a headache and used a responsible amount it would not affect you more than exedrine migraine (as it is related to coffee). Soooo many lies out there. It's bad enough the government persists on waging a war forever they cannot win. 3 out of 4 police officers I work with would themselves like to see the war on drugs ended. Learn about the science of kratom, and addiction and recovery for YOURSELF not just soundbites from other people with an agenda.
Citizens my age and younger are DONE with wasting all the time and resources in this pointless war. The real history of the war on drugs is a scam and the government should be ashamed of its past dirty business. We need to HELP people. Helping someone, helps everyone. Methadone and suboxone just keep people addicted at huge financial costs. There are better ways. Leave kratom alone.

I got this from two separate vendor sites which I shall not name per bluelight guidelines.

I just called my congressman/respresentative's office today and spoke with one of my representative's staff members about Kratom and shared the entire story and he was extremely polite and said he would mail me back a response.

He said I wasn't the first person in my area to call about this issue.

THIS IS THE FIRST THING LIKE THIS I'VE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE!!

It felt good to do, regardless of whether or not I make an impact.

PLEASE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS PHONE YOUR REPRESENTATIVE ASAP!!!

People are saying it must be done by 4:30PM so you have HALF AN HOUR Eastern Standard Time or I guess 2-3 hours if you are on the West Coast depending on your area.

DON"T DELAY!!!

(But even if you DO miss that deadline I'd suggest you KEEP calling!!!)

WE MIGHT be able to make a difference!!

2. Call the DEA
Yes, they are listening! The DEA is now asking people what their position is on this action.

Please call this number and leave a message stating yours! 202-353-1417

Pocan is Pokin' but saying Poh-Cahn is what got my guy's intern to spell it right...and Salmon is the fish.

Mycophile....I don't post a lot but I read daily, I love the advocating you're doing here and my experience calling was the same as your's...I've emailed my fingers away but never called for something like this and I felt great afterwards.

The guy I spoke with sounded like a total stoner and it was a very enjoyable conversation.

Congressman. Pocan says he talked with DEA leader Chuck Rosenberg today, and that Rosenberg indicated the ban will be delayed, reopened for public comment

Dear valued customer,

We have some great news that seems to be breaking and wanted to share it with you as soon as possible. Our hard work appears to be paying off but it is no time to become complacent.

David Kolovson, a spokesman for Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wis., tells U.S. News that Pocan spoke with DEA Acting Administrator Chuck Rosenberg on Friday, and that Rosenberg indicated the decision to ban kratom will be postponed while the agency opens a modified public notice and comment period.

Rather than enact the ban in the immediate future, "it appears the DEA will instead open up a modified comment process before a final decision will be made," Kolovson says. "While we do not know the exact timing or details of the new comment period for kratom, Acting Administrator Rosenberg assured Congressman Pocan that we will find out more in the near future."

The number of days that would be included in the modified public comment period is not yet clear, Kolovson says.

Source (see bottom of article for Edit)
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-30/kratom-will-remain-legal-for-days-possibly-longer