Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Age 29 Apr 03: Bosnich's drink may have been spiked

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Bosnich's drink may have been spiked
April 29 2003

A London woman said she may have spiked Mark Bosnich's drink with cocaine, leading to the former Socceroo failing a drugs test in November and being sacked by his club Chelsea, it was reported yesterday.

The woman is understood to have given sworn statements to the Football Association, the Evening Standard reported.

Bosnich, 31, was to present the new evidence at a personal FA hearing yesterday in his final attempt to beat a one-year ban from the game.

The woman denied deliberately spiking Bosnich's drink, but said she might have put cocaine in his glass by accident while they were sharing a bottle of champagne in a London nightclub.

"She says she is a regular cocaine user and that she is in the habit of putting a pinch of cocaine in her drink," the paper quoted an unnamed source from the Bosnich camp as saying.

"This is what she did when she was drinking with Mark and she says that at some stage the glasses got mixed up."

From: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/04/28/1051381903367.html

Hmm...

BigTrancer :)

hmm indeed. i'd certainly like to think that it's true, but honestly, it's unlikely isn't. it's far more likely that bosnich had run out of excuses, until he thought of this. find one cocaine user who you're friends with, ask 'em to lie (it's not possible to exactly check it is it), and you're set.

still, as i said, i'd hope it *is* true, and that he gets off. anyway, they should give him the benefit of the doubt, it's his nose :)

Looks like you are wrong maybe. I did a google search and out of 12 pages of results, couldn't find anything pointing to anything else but besides the november 02 incident.

I am in no way promoting the use of drugs, either perfomance enhancing or either recreational in relation to sporting activies...but..

whast so bad about taking a couple of lines of coke, then playing soccer the next weekend or whatever it may be. obviously i can see the issue with being whacked while playing. as humourus as that would be.

"...and that she is in the habit of putting a pinch of cocaine in her drink..."

Isn't Cocaine usless when consumed orally?

[edit: spelling]

Last edited:
Nah...I don't think he's been done for anything like this in the past, however he's always been known as a 'party goer'.
It would be great if this was true, as he has so much talent and it would be a shame to see him finish his soccer career like this.
Sorry for being lazy, but I take it Cocaine is still effective even when drinking it?

Good on Bosnich if he gets away with this, the phantom drink spiker is a pretty good scam to get out of trouble I think =D

The point isn't whether it's orally active or not, it's whether or not that amount is detectable on a drug test...

Sounds like a bit of a cop out to me, but at least we know of a way to get off drug tests.. "Honest boss, there's this person I know who uses coke, and she musta sprinkled some in my drink!" :p

lol from the stories ive heard about when Bosnich originally went to Manchester in the early nineties and when he came back..... I dont think anyone spiked his drink lol nice excuse though, I wonder whether it will work

Lol it didnt work he got 9 months suspension from the game, but as this is backdated to last december he could effectively start again in September this year, I think he got a £10000 fine too.

The woman denied deliberately spiking Bosnich's drink, but said she might have put cocaine in his glass by accident while they were sharing a bottle of champagne in a London nightclub.
"Honestly your honour, I was getting up to go to the toilet, when all of a sudden a tripped over. I guess the baggie of coke must have fallen out of my pocket, opened up, spilled out and dropped in Mark's drink, closed itself, and then landed back in my pocket as I hit the ground." ;)

Seriously, I wish I could afford to waste coke by putting a "pinch" in my drink. I bet she lights her cigarettes with $100 bills too... 8)