Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDA: legal status

Orlando

Bluelighter
This is for the MDA FAQ:

Does anyone have current and solid information about the illegality of MDA? I had difficulty finding a current document that actually listed MDA (as opposed to being classified as an analogue). The most recent source (from a search on SCALEplus) was from 1990, and listed it as Schedule 3.

Australia

(Column 0) Prohibited plant or prohibited drug
Column 1 Traffickable quantity
Column 2 Small quantity
Column 3 Indictable quantity
Column 4 Commercial quantity
Column 5 Large commercial quantity
Column 6 Discrete dosage unit (DDU)

[...]

3,4-Methylenedioxyamphetamine 0.75g 0.25g 1.25g 0.125kg 0.5kg —
3,4-Methylenedioxymethylamphetamine 0.75g 0.25g 1.25g 0.125kg 0.5kg —

Hope that helps.

BigTrancer :)

It appears so. So since theres average 60-120 mg of mdxx in a typical pill, thats around 5-10 pills. Why would one person have 5+ pills (more like 8 I'd say) on them for personal consumption on one night? Seems about right to me. Or taking 7 1/2 pts of powder of mdxx in one session is pretty fucking high.

I was thinking more along the lines of in your home, I prob wouldn't take that much out with me but like to grab um when they're good so i've got good ones when they're shit. I need to rethink my strategy. what exactly does indictable mean? that you can be charged or what?

From A Beginner's Guide to NSW Drug Laws:

Weight

The schedule to the Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act sets out 5 categories of weight (or quantity) for each prohibited drug and plant: small quantity, traffickable quantity, indictable quantity, commercial quantity and large commercial quantity.

The weight or quantity determines the category of offence and the maximum penalty (which influences the severity of the actual penalty imposed in a particular case). The weight or quantity also determines whether the case is heard as a summary matter before a magistrate in the Local Court (the great majority of drug offences are dealt with summarily), or as an indictable matter before a judge and jury in the District Court. Determining the jurisdiction (ie Local Court or District Court) is covered by both the Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act (sections 30 and 31) and by the Criminal Procedure Act, 1986.

In many cases, the prosecution (and sometimes the accused) can determine that a case is to be heard in the Local Court even though it could be heard in the District Court by a judge and jury. Somewhat confusingly, "indictable" matters_ including charges concerning indictable quantities of prohibited drugs - are frequently heard summarily.

The maximum penalty that can be imposed by a Local Court is a fine of $110,000 and two year's jail (three years jail if sentencing for more than one offence), regardless of the maximum penalty set out in the Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act (see sections 27 and 28 Criminal Procedure Act 1986).

The purity of the drug does not matter_ only the weight (section 4). Under the Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act, one gram of a powder that is 10 percent heroin and 90 percent glucose is treated as one gram of pure heroin. [BT: my emphasis added]

[...snip...]

Ongoing dealing

There is a special offence of supplying drugs on an ongoing basis(section 25A). The offence involves the supply of a prohibited drug (except cannabis) on three separate occasions within a 30 day period. The acts of supply must be for some financial or other material reward. It does not have to be supply of the same drug.

A charge of ongoing dealing is usually laid where an undercover police officer buys drugs from the same street dealer on three different days. The police are not obliged to arrest the dealer immediately after the first sale.

The maximum penalty for this offence is a $385,000 fine and 20 years jail, regardless of the weight of the drug supplied, or the value of the transactions (section 25A(1)). This is equivalent to the maximum penalty for the supply of a 'commercial quantity' of drugs. A person convicted of an offence under this section is not eligible to be dealt with by the Drug Court.

Large scale supply and cultivation

Higher penalties apply for charges involving the supply of larger amounts of drugs. The Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act divides trafficking offences into a number of categories: 'indictable', 'commercial' and 'large commercial' quantities. Proof of possession of the relevant quantity is sufficient to establish that a person is guilty of that particular trafficking offence, unless the person can prove they were in possession for reasons other than supply, which is logically more difficult to do the greater the quantity of drugs involved.

The maximum penalty for dealing with an 'indictable' quantity of a drug is a $220,000 fine and 15 years imprisonment (10 years for cannabis) _section 32. For a quantity of drugs in the 'commercial' range, the maximum penalty is a $385,000 fine and 20 years jail (15 years for cannabis) _ section 33(2). For the 'large commercial' quantity, fines of $550,000 and life imprisonment (20 years for cannabis) can be imposed _ section 33(3).

Well... that's NSW for you, I assume other states are similar. Note an average xtc pill weighs about 300 mg, or 1/3 gram...

BigTrancer :)

i know people who hvae 10+ pills a night to themselves...pretty "high" yes, but it doesnt mean they are trafficking...

3 pills is considered trafficking? thats fucked up:X
1 larger pill could be considered a trafficking

Eckythump said:
3 pills is considered trafficking? thats fucked up:X
1 larger pill could be considered a trafficking

Yes but usually when someone is done with 3 pills or so, usually there will be baggies/scales?/money/assets/notebooks (who owes credit)/sms'/phone calls etc involved. I'd say if cops ever found someone with 3 pills, they'd just take it off them. It would be too much time/paperwork/effort to haul someone in for 3 pills as it would mostly end up not in a fine/warning etc unless there were other factors involved (intent mainly. As I mentioned, baggies/scales/lots of money etc)

Just on that note

Well a good friend of mine was busted in Oxford St for having 3 pills on him. He had to go to court but was let off with a formal warning. If he was to get in trouble again the consequences would be much harsher.

Also, a friend of mine is a policman, and he was telling me, most police officers do not care about people who have a few pills and enjoying them selves. If there are small amounts usually under 10 the police offen just confiscate them and let them go. However you can get the occasional 'asshole' who will bust you for 1 pill. He said there were cops that would do that from time to time.

He also said that cops were basically after dealers. 'if we find a dealer then it is our duty to fuck them up' According to my freind all cops hate dealers and if they find them they are in trouble.

Unless if the cop is on the payroll then its all good!! hehe, I bet a lot of them are!

Just to sumarise there are many myths going around what will happen if ya get caught. Basically it depends on what you have , the quantity and if the policeman is in a good mood or a bad mood. Dont think you cant get busted for 1 pill cause you can!