• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Fuck yeah. Ohio gets medical marijuana.

Speed King

Bluelighter
In 45 minutes, my state is getting legal marijuana. They said their bullshit part, and at the end said what flys. Finally, the media is cool. We have local city's that are trying to sell weed now. Now, this is subjective, but, fair af.

Thank you, and to all the nice people, representing the state. The way it's laid out, unless your stupid AF, this is wonderful. Now that's my view. If you can understand some simple things, you will be a happy person, you know, if Marijuana is your thing. There is no medical fake out here. Ohio is still Ohio, but that's what makes it so cool.

Medical marijuana becomes legal in Ohio tomorrow

COLUMBUS (AP/WCMH) — Thursday marks 90 days since Ohio Governor John Kasich signed a bill into law that legalizes medical marijuana.

You won’t be able to get the legal weed in the state anytime soon though. A lot of work has to implement the program before that happens.

The law allows patients to use marijuana in vapor form for certain chronic health conditions, but bars them from smoking it or growing it at home.

Kasich’s signature made Ohio the 25th state to legalize a comprehensive medical marijuana program.

Starting Thursday, cities and villages can move to ban dispensaries or limit the number of them.

WHO RECOMMENDS THE RULES FOR THE MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAM?

A newly created Medical Marijuana Advisory Committee will help develop regulations and make recommendations. The governor and legislative leaders must appoint people to the 14-member panel no later than 30 days after the bill’s effective date. Its members will represent employers, labor, local law enforcement, caregivers, patients, agriculture, people involved in mental health treatment and people involved in the treatment of alcohol and drug addiction. Others include a nurse, academic researcher, two practicing pharmacists and two practicing physicians. No more than six members can be of the same political party. The bill dissolves the committee after five years and 30 days.

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR RULES TO BE ADOPTED?

No longer than one year after the bill’s effective date. Rules for the licensing of cultivators must happen a few months earlier. The legislation specifies that the medical marijuana program is to be fully operational within two years of the bill.

WHO WILL REGULATE THE PROGRAM?

The Ohio Department of Commerce, State Medical Board and Board of Pharmacy will all play a role. The Commerce Department will oversee licensing of marijuana cultivators, processors and testing labs. The Pharmacy Board will license dispensaries and register patients and their caregivers, and set up a hotline to take questions from patients and caregivers. The Medical Board would issue certificates to physicians seeking to recommend treatment with medical marijuana.

WHAT CHANGES WOULD BE IN PLACE FIRST?

When the law takes effect in 90 days, cities and towns could move to ban dispensaries or limit the number of them. Licensed cultivators, processors, dispensaries and testing laboratories could not be within 500-feet of schools, churches, public libraries, playgrounds or parks. Employers could continue to enforce drug-testing policies and maintain drug-free workplaces. Banks that provide services to marijuana-related entities would be protected from criminal prosecution.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/09/07/medical-marijuana-becomes-legal-in-ohio-tomorrow/

Last edited:
Thank you. I wanted to say that, but couldn't find the words. This will go well. Ohio has good people that are smart enough to take this seriously.

it says you are barred from smoking at home?

where are you supposed to smoke then?

I think you have to vape it? I can't see how they'd be able to monitor that though. People will smoke it for sure lol

I think you have to vape it? I can't see how they'd be able to monitor that though. People will smoke it for sure lol

They're monitoring in the way that you can't buy flower AT ALL. So it's not really "comprehensive" medical system at all.

The only way you'll be able to do smoke/dab anything is to break open vape cartridges and dab the shitty CO2 oil. (that's how it is in NY dispensaries)

^ yeah NY's and NJ's medical programs are ridiculous. It's so strange to me how conservative/reactionary some states are in their marijuana legislation.

I also think it's funny how some state's restrict their programs to patients who are dying from terminal cancer or have some kind of debilitating chronic illness. Why can't I get prescribed "medical marijuana" just because I have insomnia and it helps me sleep? Why do I have to be on death's doorstep before I can smoke weed?

They're monitoring in the way that you can't buy flower AT ALL. So it's not really "comprehensive" medical system at all.

The only way you'll be able to do smoke/dab anything is to break open vape cartridges and dab the shitty CO2 oil. (that's how it is in NY dispensaries)

Oh, I see, yeah that's crap.

And Burnt Offerings, I totally agree with you. Why so strict on cannabis? It's the same here in Aus, they are only going to allow it for either the terminally ill or cases of young kids with severe epilepsy, and in forms that cannot be smoked.

Is there any other types of medications that are restricted in the same ways? Why is a medicine that has never had a single OD death from its use so restricted? It's insane.

I vape buds just about every day, mostly in the arvo and before I goto bed and I find it helps me greatly with neck and back pains and sleeping issues. Why should I be a criminal for doing such a thing?

There are so far about 30 licensed growers where I live and just waiting for the first dispensary to open...i can't wait.

From how I understood it, you can vape raw herb. There is a massive grey area here. People are not as open as I would have hoped yet either. I'm just waiting for a doctors note, so maybe I can go over to Michigan and get some. The law will " end up " being pretty liberal, once this gets going.

That's awesome.
It's about time America acknowledges the many benefits of medicinal marijuana, instead of doing their damndest to destroy/keep in Schedule 1. That's utterly ludicrous. The not so suble implication that weed is potentially dangerous as say, Crystal Meth.

Amen! I am buying an entry level vape pen tomorrow. I would prefer to only eat and vape. Time to give the lungs a break.

Yeah one of the best things I did was to swap to vaping from combustion. I never feel like smoking weed anymore since I got into vaping 3 or 4 years ago. I love it.

Many of the pens actually combust the material. Those little coils get very hot. (at least, that was the old style, I don't know what they're like now)

It is more efficient for oil, not sure for flower quite so much. Probably because you're smoking such a small amount at a time and not wasting any smoke. How much more so than small bowls is probably debatable though. More portable.

Most efficient I've found is a pen for oil. Obviously getting that is an issue, but once they have the dispensaries set up you should try the pre-filled vape pen cartridges they have. I'm not a huge fan (not a big enough hit compared to a dab), but a lot of people really like them.

There are quite a few types of vapes, pen ones are mostly for concentrates I believe and since I never come across concentrates I do not use a pen vape for weed, I use an e cig sometimes but just for flavours, not nicotine juice.

I use a dry herb vape, I have a desktop (plug in) and a portable one. I mostly use my portable one.

vaping-vs-smoking.jpg