• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why can't Tylenol become banned.

Speed King

Bluelighter
Why can't a drug that is proven easily toxic, by basically everybody, still be sold? Who would the person be, that would easily look stupid for endorsing a product, with those characteristics,....

I am litteraly posting incorectly, but the Kratom schedule 1 was a big deal. It was fucking stupid. like your joking right?

I made this post seriously. I tried.

Why can't a drug that is proven easily toxic, by basically everybody, still be sold? Who would the person be, that you would easily look stupid for endorsing a product, with those characteristics,....

I am litteraly posting incorectly, but the Kratom schedule 1 was a big deal. It was fucking stupid. like your joking right?

I made this post seriously. I tried.

Every time I think about it, I get more and more pissed off. I'm also sort of in a state of shock about it. I've never enjoyed something freely for it to be suddenly prohibited. I could always get pills because, well, despite being controlled, they are legal with a prescription. Kratom is about to be illegal altogether. Period. Ugh. ?

Yeah, but how about a lawsuit against a company, that you think have the most pull. Some lawyers should take on the case pro bono to sue and have an injunction in the schedule of Kratom and see what our options are.

Yeah, but how about a lawsuit against a company, that you think have the most pull. Some lawyers should take on the case pro bono to sue and have an injunction in the schedule of Kratom and see what our options are.

That would be brilliant indeed.

So tell your friends to challange the court pro bono in a grass roots style drive to get an injunction. Block the schedule.

Tylenol is (moderately) effective as an anti-fever agent and painkiller when taken at doses that are within reason. That's why. It's not like it's 100% useless filler designed to purposefully poison you.

And actually, a lot of narcotics are functionally useless as painkillers unless combined with another analgesic like paracetamol or *especially* a NSAID like ibuprofen.
There's a lot of data that shows that, for instance, 1000mg acetaminophen plus 60mg codeine is more effective as a painkiller than 10mg morphine IM...
http://www.medicine.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/booth/painpag/acutrev/analgesics/leagtab.html

The DEA does a bunch of stupid shit: cannabis is Schedule 1, so why is it that much of a suprise that the DEA "no fun brigade" decided another plant that grows in the dirt is the Scourge of America and must be banned at all costs?

The DEA does a bunch of stupid shit: cannabis is Schedule 1, so why is it that much of a suprise that the DEA "no fun brigade" decided another plant that grows in the dirt is the Scourge of America and must be banned at all costs?
Yeah, I don't understand why anyone remotely familiar with the DEA and the "war on drugs" would be surprised at all at this move. Ive known it was coming for years, what with kratom's poularity growing. The only chance it had was to remain more hidden/underground but that didn't happen. It really is one hell of a shame though, especially with the research that needs still really needs to be done on kratom and it's alkaloids.

I predict the future of drugs will be strictly limited to medical marijuana and street fentanyl.

Dear don't care if u can od and die on tylenol, at least you wont get high it. PLEASURE from drugs is WORSE than death to DEA. The main reason they ban kratom is because it makes you feel good with little side effects... It's like "hey there buddy, ur having too much fun and we can't let that happen!"

Another thing also comes to mind here. A lot of doctors are hesitant when it comes to prescribing narcotic medications to anyone under 18, since they're "more at risk" to abuse them, along with people with a past history of drug use. It's sad to say, but plenty of teenagers go to the hospital with pain that they amplify to the max so they can leave with a script. With Tylenol in the question, doctors can prescribe a larger dose of the medication for pain relief (which is decently effective) instead of having to write a script for Vicodin.

Think about T3 for an example; Tylenol and Codeine. Tylenol and Codeine by themselves have minimal pain relieving effects, but when combined provide for some great pain relief. Not to mention you can't really feel that good off of a couple pills with codeine. It's a weak narcotic.

Children come into play. When a baby/toddler/small child has a fever, parents always run to acetaminophen. It's an effective fever reducer, and isn't as harmful as giving someone of this age group a 5mg Vicodin.

The DEA needs to straighten up and let the public become more aware of the dangers of Tylenol. Instead of just lowering the dose, explain WHY they're lowering the dose; make the risks KNOWN. I believe cannabis shouldn't be illegal, but as said above, we aren't allowed to feel relaxed & well while having a good ol time.

I'm thinking a lot of people with legit issues are going to be leaving the ER with tramadol in the future, and expecting more than that will be akin to a pipe dream.

Tylenol is (moderately) effective as an anti-fever agent and painkiller when taken at doses that are within reason. That's why. It's not like it's 100% useless filler designed to purposefully poison you.

And actually, a lot of narcotics are functionally useless as painkillers unless combined with another analgesic like paracetamol or *especially* a NSAID like ibuprofen.
There's a lot of data that shows that, for instance, 1000mg acetaminophen plus 60mg codeine is more effective as a painkiller than 10mg morphine IM...
http://www.medicine.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/booth/painpag/acutrev/analgesics/leagtab.html

Pretty much everything that was posted here, and Tylenol is given out in controlled measured amounts, is not addictive, and the effects are known about. With Kratom it's all based on theory, strains, tolerance/dosage, and one strain/type apparently does not work for everyone. There are also apparently some not so fun long term side effects from Kratom use/abuse/addiction.

Nobody should be surprised that Kratom is finally banned. A friend of mine tried to use Kratom to get off of high doses of oxy and dialudid, wound up becoming addicted to the Kratom, and then became addicted to heroin and overdosed and almost died from the dope/H.

Its my understanding that a pharmaceutical company has isolated and either gotten or applied for patents on several mitragynine-type anologues. I'm searching my history to find the link to the article, i'll post it in DITM if i find it.

I've never tried kratom, my opie addiction happily ran its course by the time i heard about it. I am very interested in this link between discoveries by Big Pharma and attention from the DEA. It is absolutely riveting to watch such a ridiculous injustice unfold in realtime. I really feel for people who use it for maintenance, its really tragic and confusing for this to happen in the middle of a dope epidemic.

Preaching to the choir already.

FWIW, kratom's been on the DEA's "substances of concern" (read: we're going to ban these eventually) list for a couple years, so this isn't too suprising - now that there's more media attention that probably tipped the scales.

All excellent responses. At the time it struck me, it just seemed like overkill. That's okay, I am beginning to get a glimpse of the big picture. I hope this still makes someone think differently for the better.

It's because it's not in the hands of big pharmaceuticals. They press the government lackies to press the DEA, and voila! the thorn in their side is plucked. Teylenol is not illegal because it takes pharmacies to make it. Kratom needs no processing or labs. Just pluck it, and put in hot fucking water! They are the ones pulling the strings. Kratom is still in its infancy stages in America and Big Pharma knows if it's illegalized quickly enough, it will not interfere with their lifelong sub and methadone customers. I quit oxy cold, several times, for weeks on end, using simply Kratom in diminishing doses. This bastards are going to fucking kill so many people. They are going to give thay extra push to so many fucking pain sufferers, addicts, recovering addicts, and those willing to help themselves with this natural remedy by removing this wonder plant from our grasp. THEY WANT MORE HEROIN. It means more customers. They don't care about the deaths and ruined lives. Kratom has stopped me from trying heroin. I did not do it alone. I was fortunate enough to discover it less than a year ago. Before that, i never though about being off hard opiates for more than a day.

Well acetaminophen has medical treatment use and is fairly safe when used within the recomended dosages. And like others have said, it has great analgesic effects when combined with opioids.

But it's like the age old question, "Why is marijuana illegal, but alcohol isn't?"

As for Kratom, some have touched on it, and it comes down to profits! The war on drugs wasn't implemented to keep American's safe, it was implemented to control supply, and thus manipulating profits.
Kratom was starting to make a dent in the nearly monopolized maintenance programs.. Some users are aware of it's ability to aid in addiction, but the vast majority of the medical community is still in the dark, when it comes to kratom. I'm sure the DEA figured it would be best to schedule it now, opposed to waiting and taking the chance that the medical community will come to the consensus that it has medical uses. The path of least resistance I suppose.