• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Detoxing with 10 mgs of sub

Mistahnapo

Greenlighter
I don't have time to look for a similar thread, I'm coming up to 24 hours since my last use.. I plan on taking the 2mgs orally and seeing if that helps then, then for the next 8 days IVing 1 mg a day for 8 days. Do you think I will be able to detox completely after that? I'm sorry if I broke rules or posted somewhere wrong I feel like shit and didn't feel like reading all the rules. Thanks

Edit: I also took 4 mgs of Klonopin not all that long ago so I don't feel really that bad, I'm going to try to wait as long as possible to take the subs

Last edited:
I would spit that last 1mg into 2 .5mg doses on the last 2 days or even the last 2mg into 4 .5mg doses over the last 4 days

yeah why would you take 1 mg a day for 8 days? That's really stupid. What you want to do, is do a taper.

IV? I did not realize we were talking about IV. In that case, 1 mg a day is even STUPIDER. One mg of sub IV is a strong dose. If youre trying to get off it, you are better off IVing tiny amounts as low .05 mg or less by the end of your taper.

I figured IVing would save me the most in the long run, how am I suppose to measure .05 mgs of an 8mg strip

Edit: I'm detoxing from heroin not suboxone

Last edited:
I know youre detoxing from heroin but that doesn't mean you shouldn't taper the sub before jumping off.

It's true that IVing save you the most in the long run but what good is saving it gonna do if youre just gonna use that extra to do higher doses and not decrease your dependence before you jump off?

As for how to measure, cut your strip up into 8 pieces. Each piece is 1 mg. Then take one of those pieces and eyeball about 1/10 of it. That gives you .1 mg, or a little less because youll lose some as you prep for IV and filter. Its not exact, but it doesnt have to be.

Its important to filter subs very well before IVing them. I used to run my subs through an syrigne packed with cotton. Otherwise Id get pains in my arm.

And as part of your taper switch to sublingual ROA as you reduce, the lower BA will work for you rather than against. Good luck and take care.

Feel it out. For example, the first day you take sub you probably wanna IV at least 2 mgs. Then wait as long as you can before taking more. Your body will tell you when you need more cuz youll feel dopesick. For your next dose, try just 1 mg. After 3-4 days you will not need more than very tiny doses of sub. The best way to taper is to take advantage of sub's long half life and wait as long as you can between doses. SOme people can even getaway with dosing up every other day, but this is less likely with IV. NEar the end of your taper, switch to sublingual dosing.

The best way to taper is to tailor your taper to how you feel wd wise. For example if you feel totally well on day 5 it would be stupid to take 1 mg on day five just because thats how you originally planned your taper. Take as little as you can get away with and still feel ok.

i don;t have any experience with the strips as i only have the pills, but this youtube video talks about cutting your films into smaller pieces - maybe check it out?

I really would strongly suggest not taking Klonopin with Suboxone.

I don't have time to look for a similar thread, I'm coming up to 24 hours since my last use.. I plan on taking the 2mgs orally and seeing if that helps then, then for the next 8 days IVing 1 mg a day for 8 days. Do you think I will be able to detox completely after that? I'm sorry if I broke rules or posted somewhere wrong I feel like shit and didn't feel like reading all the rules. Thanks

Edit: I also took 4 mgs of Klonopin not all that long ago so I don't feel really that bad, I'm going to try to wait as long as possible to take the subs

^ I agree with this, combining CNS depressents is never a good idea, but it's an especially bad idea when both depressents have such a long half life..