Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So u've bought a dud pill...

Complete Random

Bluelighter
I was wanting to know what is kosher with bunk pills??? The situation is u've bought a pill/s taken them home tested and they come up with an unexpected result. Do you take them back and expect replacement or refund? Do you get pissed off, wave fists and vow never to associate with them again or just accept it as a mistake and continue to use them? What have been the experiences everyones had with bunk pills? Exactly how do you negotiate around bunk pills?

Assuming you've trusted your dealer and ingested the pill only then to find its a bunk, can u expect refund or some form of compensation? Would you still buy pills from that person?

Are there any reckless individuals who test the pill find its a speed bomb but dump it anyway?

All people will react differently, I'm a fairly passive person so I'd just back off if I wasn't allowed a refund.

Basically, it depends on your relationship with the dealer. However, most reasonable people should happily refund or exchange it for you. If its a regular dealer who you either see often, or may start seeing often, just let them know of the situation and ask what the possible solutions are. Should the person refuse to help you out, just dump the contact and find somebody else. I don't think its worth it arguing, its better to be safe than sorry!

If they're some random person who you may never see again theres much more of a chance that you've been suckered.

/\/\/\

what you have to realise that at the end of the day its a business for all involved. you really need to get some balls and tell your dealer they are shit if they are shit. depending on the frequency of yourself you may or may not get replacements. obviously you cant really go to a tribunal or something and if your are only a small purchaser you really wont get any results.

some time back somebody said that your dealer quite simply needs you more than you need him. there are thousands of dealers around there, and i would change your source if neccessary in terms of quality and safeness.

Good thread :)

In my opinion there's a couple of things you can do to avoid bunk pills altogether, which I'll list here:

Take a tester with you when you buy pills
Teach your dealer what testers are for and how to use them
Buy a tester for your dealer

That way, you'll have more of an idea what you're getting before you hand over your hard earnt cash. Most dealers deal for money or free pills, and nobody likes getting burnt... people can see the economic sense in quality assurance.

OK, so failing that you've got a pill home and tested it and there's no purple/black in sight, no matter how many times you carefully test specks from the pill. In my opinion there are about 2 options and neither of them ends with the pill inside your body: ie. return it for a refund, or flush it down the toilet.

There's no sense in taking a bunk pill, because you know it's not gonna be worth it, because it's just not MDMA. The whole idea of using a tester is to stop yourself from eating adulterated pills, so if you do find a bunk one, get rid of it asap. Unfortunately they're expensive and nobody likes to flush 40 bucks down the toilet, but it's better to do that, than risk your health.

Cop it on the chin, flush that speedbomb, and then buy a tester. So you've lost 100 bucks in the process (the flushed bunk pill + the price of the tester), but you've ensured that from now on, you're not gonna get anything but MDxx-based pills :)

BigTrancer :)

After a few experiences like this, I now take my tester with me whenever I buy pills. If they won't let me test, I don't buy.
Generally I've had positive responses to the testing proceedure - suprisingly my dealer had never used one and was genuinely curious.

Ok: In the past when I've got a bunk pill, I'll always ring the guy and tell him, then leave it up to him to suggest what to do. I've had responses ranging from: "bring them back, I'll swap/refund" :D, to "sorry, can't you sell them to someone at a rave or something?" :(... or worst of all, a fob-off, then a strategic disappearance by said dealer.

I just count myself lucky if I get refunded for the ones I still have. I'd never expect a refund for one I'd already eaten - that's the risk you take, I'd take that as a fair loss.

Complete Random said:

Are there any reckless individuals who test the pill find its a speed bomb but dump it anyway?

Ummm....I've only ver picked up a couple of speed bombs, and every time I've dumped them!
Is this reckless?
I was charged for the whole night and had heaps of fun, but was still pissed off it was speed and not mdma.
Thankfully, I haven't picked up anything but mdma over the last 12 months.

Come to think of it, I don't consider dumping the speed bomb as wreckless, I knew it was a speed bomb (tested them) and others had had them the previous night. So I wayed up the +'s and -'s and took it.

Now, others on this board, would have taken bunk pills knowing they were an 'unknown' substance, that i consider wreckless.

But each to their own.

P.S. BigTrancer's advice is and always will be the best! :)

If everyone took the dodge eggs back there would be a lot less around. There should not be a market for that shit - if you want speed, buy speed not a 'speedy' pill. You are just encouraging the scum bags out there.

The emphasis should be on quality, not price. Any idiot can get a pill for $price, but i'm more than happy to pay a lot more for a standard hit of ecstacy. There has been a massive influx of strong K pills around south east queensland recently. Everytime i test one it invariably comes with a description like "man it fucked me up, it was awesome".
Red star of davids, mcdonalds, question marks - all shit.

K is not worth more than $price a hit, even if you like k, you're still being ripped off.

Demand quality. Don't settle for other shit - just because it 'worked' doesn't mean you got what you paid for.

I love BT's idea about buying your dealer a tester.

[edit - prices removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I talk to my dealer and see if we can do anything but if we cant I accept that i got dud drugs and move on.
You have to remember that they are drugs and you won't get a reciept or warranty so you have to accept the good with the bad.:\

Mmm.. I had some duds before..

All I can say is I believe in Karma! ha! "what you give is what you get return" - so I hope those ppl who sold me duds, end up getting stick with 100's of little kandies they contain pure panadol :p - geewd im mean..
hehehe

Bobrick... you are right in a sense. Price should not however be associated with quality. For instance, I have had $cheap pills in the past only to find that they were fine - great, offcourse not AWSOME but still.. (they were definately not speed / k ridden pills either.. however I did know the source)

I know what you mean, I often ask out of curiosity, "Do you like speedy pills?" and I more than often get told "Yeh, speedy pills are heaps better." These questions are asked to people I actualy know however, I don't conduct wild public surveys. :)

So I'm faced with the dilema of either telling them they know shit all and could be having more fun for the price of only 1 pill, rather than having more in the attempt to get the feeling they are after, or just shuting up and hearing them say that their pills were average.

Sorry about going offtopic. If I got a dud, I would ask for an exchange (refund is asking a bit much) if he had another variety available, or a different batch open to testing. If not I would ask if I could have store credit :\ or a refund as a last choice. Remember they are in it for the cash, if you let them hold onto that, they'll treat you better in the long run. Also if you have a good relationship with your dealer explain to him how to use testers which could save him ordering batches of duds and in return you may score some good deals.

:)

[Edit: Price removed in line with Aus Discussion Guidelines. It should suffice to say they were 'cheaper than normal'. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it totally depends on the relationship u have with ur dealer. If u call him once a week and score a couple bikies then u should be able to take them back. If its some person u have never bought off before the chance is they were there to rip u off.

Funny this: When I get a shit pill, I just sell it to a random in a club or wherever and buy a pill from a different source. It ain't honest but only a really good hookup will do a refund or even a replacement.

^ Selling pills to randoms is likely to get you busted eventually... and selling shit pills to randoms may also result in bad karma...

Dirty Deed, can't say I haven't known people who've done that before also, but its a really unthoughtful thing to do. Regardless of the legality of it, put yourself in the opposite situation. You're at an event, without any drugs, and you feel like a pill. Following a little search you've met a person who'll sell you a pill, you aren't sure about the pill, but the seller assures quality, so you spend your 30 odd bucks. An hour and a half later, you've accepted the fact that 30 bucks has just gone down the drain, and you're unsure what, if any, drugs you've consumed. Good situation?

Since you've tested the pill, you know its a dud, and by that I'm assuming you meant 'no reaction' or otherwise useless. What if that person ends up in a dangerous situation because you've used a tester that doesn't show up DXM, and they've already eaten an MDMA pill? What if it contains some other uncommon chemical that combines badly with another substance, or is just naturally dangerous?

Think of the safety of others. If a pill test result is no-reaction, and you cannot get a refund from anywhere, then please just throw the pill away. Do not re-sell it. If a pill tests non-MDMA and the result is say a speed or ketamine bomb, then if you must re-sell it, tell the buyer what it is, and sell it for a reduced price (eg. if you paid $40, sell it for $25). At least then, you're not passing around potentially dangerous drugs, you're not going to ruin somebody's night, and you've made some money back in the process.

If at all avoidable I don’t buy bunk pills. If a dealer won’t let you EZ test a pill before you buy it, what does he/she have to hide?? If it’s a case of the dealer saying "whets and EZ test"?? Id probably sooner not be there. If the dd co-operated and let me test it, it'd be teaching and hopefully helping him and others in the harm minimisation process and maybe (?) improving a little quality control. I’m totally amazed at the amount of dd’s who sell, yet don’t ‘really’ know what they’re selling.
Quite often quantities of pills are bought at a time so the dd offers a 'sample' to try or test. I'd have no hesitations telling the dealer how it tested or rated depending on whether it was taken ore for his benefit than mine.
This is how I go about business in my area. If I’m buying just one or two (cash up front) and don’t have the opportunity to test until later, I ask the dd if it’s cool to bring it back if it does test negative. If he says no then I often give it a miss, like I said what is there to hide? At least I know before handing over the money whether I’m being totally rorted or not. The dd's I know are usually able to tell you at least a little something about the quality of pill or the EZ reaction. Majority of the time everything’s cool and everyone’s happy. My dd's are also good mates so it makes it all a bit easier.
My simple advice is if you can’t test, don’t buy!!

Dirty_Deed said:
Funny this: When I get a shit pill, I just sell it to a random in a club or wherever and buy a pill from a different source. It ain't honest but only a really good hookup will do a refund or even a replacement.

Woohoo for HARM REDUCTION, the entire point Bluelight exists.

I've only ever once bought a dud pill, and silly me, it was the only one I didn't test. Turned out to be a k-bomb, and the dealer happened to be a very good friend of mine.
Demanded refund, got two free pills from a different batch..