• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants comedown

ICan'tThinkOfOne

Greenlighter
Half the time, when i'm coming down off amphetamines, I can really feel the exact moment when i come down, feeling slow and anxious and depressed. But then, the other half of the time, i don't notice the comedown, and I still feel all the energy of amphetamines. This usually changes every couple of weeks. For several unrelated reasons, I think that i might possibly have manic depression. Is there any reason for amphetamine comedown to have these effects? I've already ruled out sleep and diet.

It's not abnormal to feel different during comedowns each time. It could be related to a million things, including your state of mind/thoughts when it begins.

If you think you have manic depression though, you really shouldn't be fucking with this stuff. Go to a doctor and get seen for that.

If you think you have manic depression though, you really shouldn't be fucking with this stuff. Go to a doctor and get seen for that.

These are wise words. If you are manic depressive you should get checked out so that you can start managing your condition.

I had a dose of stimulants trigger a rather crazy manic episode one of the last times I used stimulants. It was tons of fun and I rather enjoyed the ensuing days of no sleep, feeling like I was god/Jesus, thinking I understood the universe in its entirety, etc.

It was weird. I took a large dose and it trigger something in me. For those next 5 to 6 days i didn't redose.... I didn't have to. It was like I was high on my own fucked up brain chemistry.

Like I said, it was fun but the fallout was not. Towards the end of the experience (day 5 I think), it was late at night and I was outside on my roof practically naked for 5/6 hours. If was only 40 F outside. I was dancing on the rough convinced my dance moves were somehow controlling the stars, and in turn, the entire universe. I was god conducting my universe. I loved the experience, but the cops showed up and hauled my ass off to the hospital. Spent a couple weeks in the psych ward.

I'm still not sure if I'm manic depressive but doctors tell me that was my first manic episode and I should avoid stimulants. The dose I took was large but not that large. Definitely not big enough to keep me high for 5 or 6 days. It triggered something in my brain.

So be careful.

These are wise words. If you are manic depressive you should get checked out so that you can start managing your condition.

I had a dose of stimulants trigger a rather crazy manic episode one of the last times I used stimulants. It was tons of fun and I rather enjoyed the ensuing days of no sleep, feeling like I was god/Jesus, thinking I understood the universe in its entirety, etc.

It was weird. I took a large dose and it trigger something in me. For those next 5 to 6 days i didn't redose.... I didn't have to. It was like I was high on my own fucked up brain chemistry.

Like I said, it was fun but the fallout was not. Towards the end of the experience (day 5 I think), it was late at night and I was outside on my roof practically naked for 5/6 hours. If was only 40 F outside. I was dancing on the rough convinced my dance moves were somehow controlling the stars, and in turn, the entire universe. I was god conducting my universe. I loved the experience, but the cops showed up and hauled my ass off to the hospital. Spent a couple weeks in the psych ward.

I'm still not sure if I'm manic depressive but doctors tell me that was my first manic episode and I should avoid stimulants. The dose I took was large but not that large. Definitely not big enough to keep me high for 5 or 6 days. It triggered something in my brain.

So be careful.

Wait what? Lol just pictured the cops pulling up and a naked guy dancing on his roof on a 5 day meth binge

Wait what? Lol just pictured the cops pulling up and a naked guy dancing on his roof on a 5 day meth binge

Pretty much. Except I had taken MDPV, not meth.

I've used stimulants, especially mdpv, many many times and have never had this happen. The dose I took on day 1 triggered my first manic episode. I didnt redose; I didn't have to. Usually 1 dose and I would be coming down 6-12 hours later. Not this time.

And the material I had was definitely mdpv. I had used the same batch/bag before this without issues. My doctor told me that the drug cause my first manic episode. He said I may suffer from manic depression for the rest of my life OR I may get lucky and never experience anything like it again. I guess I got lucky? It's been two years without any further signs of manic depression. I guess my episode was strictly drug induced.

My point, for the OP, is to be careful. If he is bipolar, he should definitely NOT be using stimulants. The damage one can do to their life and their health is scary. He should stop taking stimulants, and go get his condition under control.

So be careful.

Sounds somewhat like what happened to me when I binged on a-pvp! I turned absolutely insane from that shit after I would use it for days on end with no sleep. The longer I would go without sleep the more psychosis I began to experience. It got to the point where I was entirely convinced there was people in my house out to get me, but I also thought there were people, mainly cops, outside my door waiting to kick it down, outside my window ready to smash it in, and in my walls and ceiling about to bust through and take me off to jail! One particular time after being up for 5 days smoking and injecting massive amounts of that shit, I KNEW(in reality I was totally wrong) that someone was in my room! I locked my door and was yelling at this imaginary person who I though was inside my mattress so I started drilling holes in my mattress telling the person to "get the fuck out of my house!" lol. It was something else, I wouldn't touch that shit with a 20 foot pole if it was offered to me again, without a doubt that was the most insane and terrible addiction I ever went through. It started out being fun, felt something like mdma and coke combined, and lots of people had compared to being like meth which I have never been able to try, as it for some reason isn't anywhere near my area, so I when I started smoking it off foil and iving it, it became extremely addicting to me but it ended up spiraling out of control.
So glad that shit vanished in my area now, and I don't even have the option to do it anymore because I was very close to ending up being baker acted by my parents a number of times, telling them this crazy shit like "THERE IS SOMEONE IN MY ROOM, WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE NOW!" it was baaaad.

8) Yes those PV stims sure do sound like a bothersome lot don't they..

OP, that does sound as if there is an underlying condition at play and amphetamine has a serious potential to amplify feelings of mania and depression. Please speak to a doctor about this before continuing amphetamine use. Even if it is just as a precaution.

I say this because I know of a few people who ignored the symptoms at first and kept using and things really got out of control.

Coming down off a large dose of amphetamines is rough, but so long as the stims last at least 6 hours, it's worth it overall! A few hours of very low mood, anxiety, physical dysphoria, and mild hallucinations/illusions (visual most of the time) is difficult to cope with, but it too shall pass​.

MDPV_Psychosis said:
Like I said, it was fun but the fallout was not. Towards the end of the experience (day 5 I think), it was late at night and I was outside on my roof practically naked for 5/6 hours. If was only 40 F outside. I was dancing on the rough convinced my dance moves were somehow controlling the stars, and in turn, the entire universe. I was god conducting my universe. I loved the experience.

When are we getting a movie of this? I'd watch it. :D

I forgot to mention, a few months ago I took a couple weeks off of amphetamines, and was completely drug-free. During that time, I didn't sleep more than 5 hours a night and had a ton of energy, so I know that it's not entirely the amphetamines.
Also, if I do get mood stabilizers, is it even worth it to keep getting the dexedrine. Will i feel it at all?

Last edited:
Comedowns are a reaction to no more amphetamine, while amphetamine is still present in your body. Because if it's in your system AND its declining you feel horrible. But then hours after it officially wore off you feel somewhat better....

I forgot to mention, a few months ago I took a couple weeks off of amphetamines, and was completely drug-free. During that time, I didn't sleep more than 5 hours a night and had a ton of energy, so I know that it's not entirely the amphetamines.
Also, if I do get mood stabilizers, is it even worth it to keep getting the dexedrine. Will i feel it at all?

At the end of the day, it's up to you whether you want to continue on the dexedrine or if you want to add or replace it with some kind of antidepressant type medication (dexedrine should still work alongside other meds). It is best to talk to a doctor, describe what you experience, any underlying causes which you believe may attribute etc. They will be able to give you a rough diagnosis based on that description and explain what treatment options are available.

Maybe getting a referral to a psychologist who might listen a little more and be able to make a more accurate diagnosis and come up with a treatment plan that is more tailored to you?..

Remember that unless your ups and downs are causing you chronic stress or discomfort, or are in some way having a negative effect on your life or those around you, you don't necessarily have to be on drugs. Perhaps just learning to channel the energetic times into something constructive or learning ways of coping with the depressing feelings - people are very quick to pick up a medicine these days but it isn't necessarily the best option. There's nothing wrong with it, but there's no guarantee that it will help.

I recommend staying off amphetamine for a while though, give yourself a break for a few months, see how you feel..

It wasn't a thought, you really did understand the Universe because you had the right tools to understand it, even if temporarily. People are tempted to think that stuff that is temporary is fake, not true. Geniuses often have sparkles of intelligence that only last fractions of a second, during which an idea is formed. Afterwards they are complete idiots and they don't understand how that idea made sense, but they carry on with it and they invent major innovative products.

What did you see out there?

Seriously, if you try to understand the Universe with a pen and a sheet of paper, writing equations, maybe you're bound to fail. Maybe the logic that human mind produces while sober, like mathematics and science, is incompatible with the nature of the universe and will never make sense of it because it was using the wrong set of tools the whole time. Maybe YOU found the right set of tools to understand it, so don't treat it as if you just were out of your mind, give yourself importance and explain what you saw.

I love threads that get off track. It's not the drugs fault, not necessarily your's. You and that drug, don't agree. Try a lower dose or just don't use anymore. All IMO.

Speed King