• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Weird pain while doing meth

Dcole461

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I've gone on what I hope is my last meth binge (can't really call it a binge though since I've slept every night). I've been having this recurring pain, kind of like a side stitch from exercising but on my last, left rib. I've had it for a few days though it comes and goes. I saw a doc yesterday who said my heart and lungs sounded fine. He did order an ecg and labs but I'll wait 6 or 7 days to not skew the results.

Anyway has anyone had anything similar or know what it could be?

Thanks for your help!

hmm strange i once had a full blown heart attack off crack few months ago luckily my private health care centre is around the corner from my sweet but i dont know about your pains defo follow up and get it checked!

Hi all,

I've gone on what I hope is my last meth binge (can't really call it a binge though since I've slept every night). I've been having this recurring pain, kind of like a side stitch from exercising but on my last, left rib. I've had it for a few days though it comes and goes. I saw a doc yesterday who said my heart and lungs sounded fine. He did order an ecg and labs but I'll wait 6 or 7 days to not skew the results.

Anyway has anyone had anything similar or know what it could be?

Thanks for your help!

Well if I don't end up with aches and pains whether muscular, soft tissue or bone then I haven't been using Meth. You can end up in some tensed position or state without realising it, hours go by and you got yourself a completely exhausted muscle or rib cartilage or whatever. I'd recall times I'd be mixing songs for hours on end or just being seated at my computer (Same thing) and realised that my traps had been in a flexed position for so long that the skin and muscle remains numb for days after. I know much of my chronic pain issues today in my back and hips are related to being athletically active and drugs, lots of drugs. I'm a bit burnt out really.

But yes highly likely something is going to hurt after using Meth/Molly or pills - one of the joys of stimulant use imo.

^Op dont give up looking for cause ur best bet is get checked out by the doctor only they can tell u 100 percent not drug users goodluck tho op anyway

lol, yes you should continue as you are and get checked out by medical professionals of course, but from this here drug user......

My whole right hand side rib cage has been burning now going on almost 3 years - I figured I had a muscle tear in my back - the thoracic region. As the days and weeks went by and the pain, which began in my back, didn't subside but wrapped around my rib cage and terminated at the insertion points where the ribs meet the sternum. I've had pretty bad sciatica which certainly hurts more when in my hips but it's loud yelling 9-10/10 blackout pain if I have to move but it comes and goes. The Rib pain stays - convinced it was a nerve issue now, Having had many CT's and MRI's for other conditions I was sure to find something causing this rib pain......but no. Nerve blocks medication, opioid addiction and still pain.....Dr's may never be able to identify a fucking thing certainly not 100%. Broken Bone? Sure, those are easy but I have multiple health conditions that are very much a mystery to the various fields they fall under.

"Well we got your results and um, this is highly unusual Mr______ we don't normally see this happening when this is like that, and certainly not at your age" blah blah blah..........The amount of times I've had that sentence said to me over the last 2 years is countless, my point being that people may be surprised at how very little we really know about the human body let alone the world around us. Treating symptoms since our days began, wondering what the fuck is going on. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oops lil' nod action there. Oh and puffpuffwee, you should back yourself a little more many drug users are human beings too that can learn interesting things and gain degrees in medicine and become Doctors that can analyse and interpret lab results, X-rays, MRI's and yes your Doctor too. We are all using drugs one way or another seeing as we are smuggling hem in our bodies even without exogenous administration and I think that was my first shot over the bow to a fellow member but something about your post irritated me, my apologies.

Last edited:
Keep on top of it OP. It could be as minor as muscle strain to something serious like pancreatitis. It may or may not be due to the drug use. If it worsens I would go to an ER.

Well if I don't end up with aches and pains whether muscular, soft tissue or bone then I haven't been using Meth. You can end up in some tensed position or state without realising it, hours go by and you got yourself a completely exhausted muscle or rib cartilage or whatever. I'd recall times I'd be mixing songs for hours on end or just being seated at my computer (Same thing) and realised that my traps had been in a flexed position for so long that the skin and muscle remains numb for days after. I know much of my chronic pain issues today in my back and hips are related to being athletically active and drugs, lots of drugs. I'm a bit burnt out really.

But yes highly likely something is going to hurt after using Meth/Molly or pills - one of the joys of stimulant use imo.

Brilliant and true. Take an easy for a bit. Eat vitamins, minerals, brain food like Soy Lecithin and hydrate.

Are you sure it's not kidney or bladder pain? Often times the pain can radiate to your sides, and this is coming from someone who has bladder and kidney issues...

^Op dont give up looking for cause ur best bet is get checked out by the doctor only they can tell u 100 percent not drug users goodluck tho op anyway

The only advantage doctors have is patient experience. They tried many medications on many patients and know what to expect. Everything else can be learned on google, if they learned it, you can also because it proves the information is learn-able. There is no question that, for example, when it comes to Dexedrine, Tylenol or other medications, I know as much as the doctor knows, not even debatable. My advantage is that I tried the drug on my body and know how it feels, doctor's advantage is patient experience.

In many cases, doctors like surgeons specialize in surgery, so their knowledge is mainly manual. They may use medication and ask for injections of Ativan vs. Adrenaline like a mechanic asks for a screwdriver vs. a wrench, but if you want real information about how the medication interacts with your body you need to google and read university publications, there's no easy way around like seeing a doctor. Hope it clarifies that.

^Precisely. You have to be careful with many Dr's especially new ones who don't know you or your history, you may come across as "knowing too much". It's important to understand that Dr's, not all, have a need to know more than the patient which in most cases probably do and certainly should but none of my Dr's have taken the drugs that I take, that they prescribe, especially pain meds. Its important to stroke their ego's enough to keep them on side but not too much by allowing them to steer you into danger like prescribing bad drug combinations which has happened to me many times.....i always let them know some of my experience, some of what I've read and then refer back to them and ask "So what are your thoughts on that?".....it gives them a chance to re-evaluate and change their minds and save face.....don't make em feel dumb.

Being a chronic pain sufferer you become an expert at negotiating a mine field, and whilst I could write a book on how to manipulate a Dr for a predetermined result, as I'm sure many of us could, it is important to remember that you're the one who has to live with a drug habit and what goes up must come down. There are no quick fix solutions to many medical issues, and you may feel smart getting the result you wanted but you are also potentially backing yourself into a corner especially with benzodiazepines and opioids in my case. If I didn't have to work for a living and have a toddler to teach and play with I wouldn't take high doses of opioids - it's a fucked existence but I chose it in order to keep moving, to be useful on a practical level to my family.

I wake up depressed about my decision to become an opiate addict every day, especially being middle aged with a history of drug addiction (everything except opioids). I was proud of my sobriety from hard drugs cos it isn't easy to get there when you've spent most of your life under the influence, but I'm reminded that I would not be able to keep working if it weren't for opiates and I'm not ready to give up the standard of living I've worked hard to gain, especially now that I have a lil' one to bring up.