• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney Tekno Tribes Harm Reduction program - last chance to get in on griound floor

mibrane

Bluelighter
TRIBES - the subculture-based peer education funding program - is about to consider 2002-2003 funding applications, including one for Tekno tribes which will support the creation of safe spaces at parties, the organisation of a "best-practice in practice" dance party, and various harm reduction resources and media interventions. If funded, there will also be a number of paid positions (p/t) available, including project workers, peer educators for the safe spaces, and a promotions manager to organise the dance party.
I would like to extend my apologies to those bluelighters who have helped out in the creation of the Tekno Tribes funding application and who surely expected to have received a decision one way or another much sooner.
Restructuring TRIBES and gaining health department approval for our new forms and promotional/ informational resources has taken a lot longer than I would have imagined, but hopefully this will mean that TRIBES will be able to offer more effective peer educat ion.
I am quietly confident that Tekno Tribes will be funded, although we may need to fight for cetrtain parts of the proposed budget and activities.
If you are keen in becoming involved, get in touch now; if you are interested in being employed by the project then having demonstrated your enthusiasm by helping out in a voluntary capacity prior to knowing about the money for sure will look good on your application, and will help us to finalise the application
Email [email protected]

U already know my interest is lodged.

Could u post up some info on what the positions would involve??

Cheers~
DJC*

Yep, you are certainly on my list djc.
i can't really post any position details due to various "commercial confidence" things between us and the dept. until things are finalised.
But basically the project coordinatyor would take care of regualr functioning, organise interventions, plan training for the peer educators etc, ask for money when needed and properly account for expenditure. It would probably be about .5 EFT (19 hours/wk for 20 weeks)
Peer educators would be trained to help create and staff safe spaces at parties.
The events coordinator would work intensively for a few months to get the party happening, but this is the part of the project most likely to get kncked back, although I really hope it doesn't.

I am also interested in helping out.

I've sent you an email Michaela :)