⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Jason Bourne (2016)

Shale

Bluelighter
Jason Bourne
Movie Blurb by Shale
July 29, 2016

This was definitely my movie to see this week and I was surprised to see at 10 AM today that the matinee was at 11 AM instead of 11:30 as usual. But got out on my bike by 10:15 and arrived at the Cinema 8 miles away at 10:55, just enuf time to walk thru the mall and get to the box office.

I recently re-watched all three of the Bourne movies starring Matt Damon. I love the movies, the way they are made, the storyline. the international locations and how it continues between each movie and, as I have said before, I'm in love with Matt Damon. Loved him since he was a young man of 27 in Good Will Hunting and loved him today as a 45-year-old Jason Bourne. And as one of the opening scenes show what Jason has been up to while on the lam from the CIA for the past decade, he is making money by taking on some really tuf bare-knuckle fighters and winning every time. You can see that Matt is still quite buff.

This movie like the past two sequels refers back to the previous and is a real-time continuation.

Bourne Prize Fight in Greece

bourne.jpg

From there we discover that Nicky Parsons (Julia Stiles) who was last seen in Bourne Ultimatum going on the lam for helping Jason, is becoming an activist in hacking the CIA and exposing its dirty secrets with the Blackbriar and Treadstone Black Ops programs.

Of course this is discovered by brilliant and ambitious CIA cyber agent Heather Lee (Alicia Vikander) ...

Agent Lee (Almost a Cyborg)
Jason-Bourne-trailer-04.jpg

Who reports her findings to CIA Director Robert Dewey (Tommy Lee Jones) who we know is complicit in the illegal black ops killings.

Director Dewey - New CIA Bad Guy

-7ebd32cd71f7ecfd.jpg

So now Jason Bourne who had successfully been off the grid for the past decade is on the run with his old partner Nicky while the black ops CIA and assets are trying to kill them.

Jason Bourne and Nicky Parsons on the Run Again

2C31980E00000578-0-image-m-19_1442011004824.jpg

From here there are the fantastically shot vehicle chase scenes, black ops agents taking ppl out, intrigues as to which side anyone is on and the only guy we are sure of is Jason Bourne, who seems to be a really nice guy except for that assassin thing at which he is very good.

Jason Bourne back in Play Again
jason-bourne-movie-trailer-screenshot-SOSnation.com_.jpg

The aggregate critics at Rotten Tomatoes only give it a 57% Fresh and their consensus is, "Jason Bourne delivers fans of the franchise more of what they've come to expect – which is this sequel's biggest selling point as well as its greatest flaw." WTF? OK, this must be one of those fan movies, which I and 73% of audiences really liked. (I also liked the reboot The Bourne Legacy with Jeremy Renner as Aaron Cross).

So, if you liked the other three Bourne movies you will also like this one, and particularly so if you are in love with Matt Damon.