I like movies!

Shale

Bluelighter
I Like Movies
Introduction by Shale
August 24, 2016

Hi,

I'm Shale and new to this forum board.

Since December 2005 I have written 546 movie Blurbs, which have been posted on other forum boards. I will probably share some of the more recent ones here, noticing that they have not been posted.

I usually go to a new movie each Friday when they are released and In 2015 I saw and wrote blurbs for 53 movies one more than the previous year. I guess I really do watch a lot of movies. I don't have a car so I ride a bike to the earliest matinees, which are often quite empty on a Friday morning.

Shale at the Movies Early Matinee 2007
gOPyPnl.jpg

I quit calling these blurbs "Reviews" when someone mentioned that they are not really reviews like professional critics write. I write from my own personal perspective and sometimes even mention why a certain movie impacts me differently than the average viewer. I may also write about whether a movie was worth the 6 to 8 mile bike ride to the Cinema in too hot or too rainy weather. I do not profess to be a movie critic and in fact go out of my way to enjoy a movie that I paid my money to see. My usual fare seems to be Action Adventure, Comic Book adaptations, Costume Dramas and Romance. (Yeah, this 70-something grandpa enjoyed all the Twilight movies - specifically written for teen girls).

So, hopefully I can contribute to this forum and get feedback from others who enjoy movies

i've been around these forums for damn near half my life. that was without a doubt, hands down the best introduction i've ever seen!

appreciate the honesty about enjoying the twilight films. can tell you keep it real and shoot from the hip.

it isn't as active as it once was round here, but maybe you can find some cool foriegn / indie / lesser known films etc that you wouldn't otherwise discover in your local cinema.

i like your swagger. flip flops, cut off denim shorts, and a theater all to your self... life don't get no better, do it ?

Last edited: