Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Detainled info on the dangers of mixing pills

Cpt.Caveman

Bluelighter
Detailed info on the dangers of mixing pills

I have read many people saying not to mix pills because the active ingredients of the pills can combine to give ugly effects.

The most obvious danger I can think of is pill 1 being mdma and pill 2 being DXM or PMA. Is this why it is a danger? In case the second pills is a bunk pill?

Or is it more complicated than that and that different bonding agents and sideline active ingredients can combine to give bad effects? (when I say sideline, I mean other than mdma and speed) If this is true, and one MDMA pill combined with another MDMA pill can react badly, what is an example of a common active ingredient clash? (e.g. pill 1 is MDMA + speed + ???? and pill 2 is MDMA + speed + ???? combining to make ????)

Almost everyone I know that has taken pills before has had more than one type of pill in a night but both of the pills in all of the cases have been normal mdma or mda pills and they haven't had any problems.

I asked about this on the ecstacy discussion board but noone gave me any replies with the depth that I wanted, they all seemed to only be able to point out the obvious bad combos of pill 1 being MDMA and pill 2 being DXM or PMA.

Or am I just being paranoid and the combination will be fine as long as the 2 pills are normal ecstacy? People's warnings about mixing pills seem too vague to me and maybe other people too, hopefully someone like johnny or bigtrancer can clear this up.

Thanks for the help! :D

you might want to read this thread from last week. ill see if i can clear it up and speak generally here - pills contain illegal chemicals (the illicit drug) and legal chemicals (binders etc). the danger with mixing pills is if you combine two chemicals that will produce contraindications. mixing a pill containing mdma and a bunk pill will just be an mdma experience. you will never get any contraindications from the binders (the legal chemicals) within pills unless you have an allergic reaction of some type. the main risk is when combining two or more illicit drugs - the dangers of mixing pills is a very real possibility that you need to keep aware of.

The main danger in combining DXM + MDMA is due to this - they're broken down by the same liver enzyme, so you're significantly increasing the strain on your liver, possibly to the point of damaging/overloading it. There's a bit of controversy about DXM inhibiting sweating, so don't quote me on this one... But, if it does, in combination with MDMA halting your bodys ability to regulate its temperature, conditions like hyperthermia are possible...

With effects like
muscle spasms
increased blood temperature
increased blood pressure
increased body temperature (fever)
increased pulse rate
labored breathing
nausea & vomiting
convulsions, coma & death
, why the fuck would you take PMA on it's own? Taking it with MDMA would be even dumber, seeing as MDMA is a stimulant too... Your heart is easily overloaded by the combination, and is more than likely to suffer dire consequences... As far back as 1997, there had been six deaths in Australia from PMA.

Not only is there the MDMA + PMA/DXM, etc combinations to worry about... But, lets just say there was some random chemical in pill 1 which isn't active on its own... Then there's a random chemical in pill 2, which isn't active alone either... But after being attacked by your liver and combining in your bloodstream, they make something dangerous. I can't think of any examples (I know fuck all about chemicals that aren't psychoactive on their own ;) ) but it's a possibility.

Add to the list the possibility of being ripped off with a MAOI based antidepressant as pill 2... Serotonin syndrome could result. You don't want it. There was a case of people selling Aurorix (an MAOI) in Melbourne not all that long ago which BT reported here - WARNING: Aurorix/Moclobemide and MDMA

If you've tested both pills, I doubt you'll have any problems... Provided they're both MDMA. But you're still increasing risks as there is a good chance that MDMA wont be the only thing in them.

I'd say the reason why you are getting vague warnings is because no one wants to make the wrong call for you! It's up to you to decide if you want to take the added risk of two different pills at once. We are here to help you make it an informed, educated decision.

:)

Thanks for the help apollo!

It makes more sense now, thats what I thought about the possibilities of random chemicals.

Lets take this example, if I have one of the new white hearts (an mdma and mda pill) and a few hours later have say a number 1 (mdma pill) the risks would be very slim wouldn't they? A longer time apart between the pills such as 3-4 hours would reduce the risks as well wouldn't it? I suppose it is hard to say when we are talking about random chemicals that are in the background though. Hmmmm...

(I got those pill examples because someone in a thread below claims to know whats in them)

Its too risky to mix I reakon, incase I become one those examples in peoples warnings. "Don't mix pills, look at that happened to this guy (link to a thread)" heh