Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BL Parents

doofqueen

Bluelighter
I was just wondering as a parent who are the other bluelighters that are parents?

i have an 8 yr old son that i have been raising pretty much on my own for the last 5 yrs fulltime

i have worked as well as going to uni so i have my hands full

ive also had a lot of critism about my drug use as a parent from ppl (mind u none of these ppl are in my position whatsoever and most have never actually had the pleasue of meeting my delightful heart and soul)

my drug use never interfers with my mothering as its done away from my child

so was just wondering about other parents issues and stats and thoughts on the topic

and i want to have a picnic with other bl parents kids one day if possible =D

and anyone else who would like to meet him can come too!!!

*shows off her kid* 8)

Nearly! ;) Our little tacker is due in 5 weeks.

We've already stopped all drug use (I haven't done any drugs in 18 months now, he hasn't for 9 months or so) so that's not going to be an issue for us, but we're certainly going to be steering well clear of situations where drugs could be an issue - recoveries and particular kinds of BBQs etc. Not a single drug will enter our house, I'll tell you that much.

But! you're in Sydney, so that's going to make a picnic slightly more difficult, I'd imagine 8) Great idea though :)

I surrogated for my sister, gave birth to my nephew Issac who is 4.5 years young - does that count?

Shit, I'm agreeing with Nezo!

Yes, I agree with nezo, that is a fucking amazingly awesome thing to do.

By the way, I fervently hope that I will not be legitimately posting in this thread for a long long long long long time, if not never.

-plaz out-

anna...congrates! ur baby will be the absolute joy of ur life =D

and drugs dont enter my house either...as ive said i never do drugs around my child :)

i never even started doing drugs till about 2 yrs ago really (not including ciggs, alcholhol and weed that is 8( )

foxykel...yeah a big WOW from me too! i have always talked about doing that actually if a good friend or sister needed that of me :)

plazma...tis not that bad being a parent ;)

haste...ur boy got phat pants yet? =D

(u didnt really answer any of my questions tho 8) )

No phat pants ;)

As far a drug use interfering - well I haven't done any illicit drugs for 2 and half years - so, no it doesn't interfere. It never did in the past either - I would never have done drugs on the weekend that I had him. My drug taking period was very short, it was period I went through but got very boring very quick.

My son is another one of the major reasons for me not doing any drugs anymore, so it won't be an issue in the future either.

I'll be in for a BBQ - that was in Melbourne right? ;)

Flea if there is one person who benefits the most from my anime obsession apart from me its my son - and he's going to have quite the collection =D

Over the last 2 weeks, I've started seeing a girl who has a 2 1/2 yeard old daughter, does that count?
she doesn't do drugs (never), apart from pot, but never touched illicit drugs, since i've been seeing her, I haven't touched any either.
It does give you a total different perspective when a kid is around!!!

i hope nobody here thinks that im some drug fucked parent now cos ive admitted to doing drugs and having a child 8( im starting to get paranoid that no one else is admitting to it :p i cant be the only one...i take good care of my child and my drug use is occasional and NEVER done when he is around...i just had a need to justify myself :(

^^^ hey doofqueen, don't stress too much :)

the important thing is whether or not you're responsible with your drug use! if you feel you're responsible in regards to your kid (and hey, everything you've ever posted here points to that being the case - you certainly love the little guy :)), then i'm sure it's fine!

the best judge of the situation is probably yourself, though i can see why you *are* worrying...come on, there must be some other parents? :)

btw, i'm with plaz; kids = bad. i don't want any :p

doofqueen:

Don't feel bad about it. My son, Schizo, has been on Bluelight for a couple of years now and if anything we encourage each other.

doofqueen said:
i hope nobody here thinks that im some drug fucked parent now cos ive admitted to doing drugs and having a child 8( im starting to get paranoid that no one else is admitting to it :p i cant be the only one...i take good care of my child and my drug use is occasional and NEVER done when he is around...i just had a need to justify myself :(

doof u are a great mum...from the way u talked to me bout ur kid i want u as my mum...i look after a two yr old boy most of the time...hes not mine but his mum dumped him on his dads door and his dads not 'capeable' of handling him...so i stepped in and offered to help.i drive the kid to play group to his mums when she has access.pick him up after feed him take him out play with him. he may not be mine but i feel like he is...hes gerogus...got blonde ringlets, blue eyes to die for and is hell cute...i feel like an adopted mum...

i also like ur stanse in the no drugs in the house thing u guys have going...when i use to live with a kid a while ago i had the same stanse when friends were over...

i myself also dont want kids...yet...as much as i love them t death and love the kid i mind now...im ot in a hurry...

1234: our secret love child will have to wait for a loooong time hun ;) =D

*note* edited this post to reply to ur post under me doof...couldnt be arsed doin a new reply...*...hun ur child is all the proof u need...raising a child on your own is a very tough job. its one that is a daily task and is a real achievement...u dont need to justify urself to anyone...be it in here or in the real world...your son is all the proof you need...when u look at him u will see the boy you have brought him up to be...the person u have loved from birth, nurtured and rasied the best way you know how...you ARE a fantastic mother to him...i know that and as long as you know that and so does he that is all that matters...*hugs hun*...=D

Last edited:
thanks stars *hugs* =D i do love my child more than life itself and would do anything 4 him, i guess i was just starting to feel paranoid cos i dont want anyone thinking that i am a drug fucked parent cos i use drugs occasionally

i know i dont need to justify myself and that to know ive done a good job all i have to do is just look at the person that he has become at only 8 yrs old *proud* to know that whatever i am or am not doing i am doing right because hes the all the proof i need....i am just kinda feeling a little alone in the matter (cos no other parents have come forth and told me) tis all 8(

You are a great mum doofqueen, you have nothing to worry about at all :)