• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is my boyfriend using heroin? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redhippyscum

Greenlighter
I don't know which thread this belongs in so bare with me. To start this off, my boyfriend was a former heroin addict for over 5 years and I actually met him while he was in rehab, he's out now but I'm still not convinced he's clean. Recently I've developed a habit of looking at his inner elbows and I find track marks without even having to look hard at all. I've never done drugs so I don't know if they're old or not, but about a week ago I noticed he had two raised red bumps there on his inner elbow. He also nods out on me a lot. I confronted him once and he said he was taking seroquel to help him sleep.. That same night while he was nodding out I shined my phone light in his eyes (while at night) and they continued to stay pinned. Not only that but he tends to sweat a lot, but it is summer time so I'm not sure about that one. My biggest discovery is this little box I found of his that he tries to hide from me, I think I know why. I found a tourniquet, some little cotton filters, razor blades, glass vials, and a lighter inside of it. I'm afraid to confront him, I don't want him to be angry with me for snooping because I respect him and I respect his belongings, I just felt like I was being lied to and I don't want him to be using heroin. He seems completely normal all the time when I'm with him, no mood swings or anything like that, if he didn't occasionally nod out I wouldn't even worry if he was still using.. So my question is, do you guys think he is still doing heroin or am I being a crazy worried girlfriend? I've never found any paraphernalia besides what's in that box, which I find odd that he would have just left at my house and not asked about it even a week later. Please help me out I'm dying to know, I just want to help him, not condemn him

Hey, I think the signs are there. If he wasn't using anymore he wouldn't need that "box" would he? If you feel like it's a good idea, just sit down and calmly and comfortably ask him about it. He is really lucky to have someone like you to support him. I hope he knows how lucky he is. Good luck and I wish you all the best!

Yes it does seem as though he's using heroin, andprobably other opiates as well. You posted how his eyes are pinned, and he nods which are all signs of being high on opiates, and you found his box with all the stuff in it you wrote about as well.

Sit down, and have a talk with him. Keep in mind that the only way he will stop using is if he wants to stop. Good luck.

Last edited:
the only reason i could come up with for his pupils being pinned (aside from him being on heroin) is maybe hes on a maintenance drug like methadone or subutex?

SOunds like he's using, but he's the only person who can tell you..

I'll close this thread, as it's not really suited for OD.

You should check out Sober Living and The Dark Side

If you want me to reopen the thread or have a question PM me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.