• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Librium questions

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
Has anyone on here tried Librium, is it good for anxiety/agoraphobia and is it still prescribed as never heard of it till the other day!

Ive tried it. It was the first benzo. Nothing spectacular but can help anxiety.

Librium is nice because of its long half life. but it is supposed to be taken 3x a day

Wondering if it may help me? I have been on Diazepam and Clonazepam for years and years, worked well to start with but now no effects and currently coming off Clonazepam.

I don't know how it would be much better then diazepam. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that diazepam has it beat strength wise, and the effect is much stronger then Librium . I won't talk trash because I never had it. I'm strictly going off comparison charts here.

It's really, extremely mild in terms of curbing anxiety. I've had this provided on three occasions to aid opiate/benzo withdrawal. It's better than nothing, but how it holds up against clonazepam for anxiety might leave something to be desired.

I am on 10mg Diazepam and 0.25mg Clonazepam, wonder if I could take Librium aswell?

Librium is usually given for people detoxing off alcohol and benzos.
It's not a strong benzo, one of the lowest in the chart.
It does have a long half-life though.

Shit's old school.

As mentioned above, I think it's primarily used nowadays for alcohol detox purposes

I wonder if it is still prescribed in the UK? Also wonder if its easier to come off Librium compared to Clonazepam as still trying to come off Clonazepam.......So so hard to come off as it gives extreme anxiety coming off even with the slowest taper :(

There are much better benzos for anxiety - klonopin or Xanax are better than Librium. Try not to take benzos everyday as they are pretty addicting and ultimately make anxiety worse if you use them long term. Try a combination of Relora and a good kava extract - that works pretty well and is safer. Indural (propranolol) is also great for anxiety and is not addictive and relatively benign, but you need a prescription. Good luck!

While its not special, it perfectly fine too. Takes a bit to kick in which can be problematic but in equipotent doses, its as good as any.