• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why is it so hard for me to get off kratom?

burn out

Bluelighter
I am hooked on kratom still, every day I want to break this dependency but I always give in. I have my dose down to about 6 grams a day. I know it doesnt even sound like much but whenever I stop I experience horrible restlessness, pain, depression, lack of energy and chills and I always give in.

I recently had the good fortune of obtaining some real opium. My hope was to use the opium to help me get over the first few days without kratom, but here's the killer. I still experience kratom withdrawals even while under the influence of opium. It helps with some of the symptoms but definitely not all and the past two nights I have given in after about 13 hours with no kratom. The opium helps some, but I still get the restnessness, depression, sleep problems, and body pains even with the opium. Fifteen minutes after I dose the kratom, it all goes away, I feel content, relaxed and can sleep.

This is so discouraging. If I cant quit kratom with the help of opium how am I supposed to do it alone? I am almost out of opium now and I know I cant use it more than a few days anyway or I will develop an opium dependency.

Kratom used to be so easy for me to taper off of, it was such a godsend when I needed to get off dope and suboxone. But now, after years on kratom it seems like I almost more hooked on it than I was an opiates. Even opiates (I have tried to use both suboxone and opium now) don't relieve all the withdrawal symptoms (which Im guessing is because I am now severely hooked on the other alkaloids in kratom not just the opioid effects).